Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cabrio...a work in progress. Opinions welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just do a bumper swap and ur car will be perfect...THOSE SEATS R SEXY!!! :puppy:
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

one nice cabrio. Maybe in a couple of years when I'm back in Japan, it's cabbie time!
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

How Much?

The car was and is very clean. I would have brought also.

Comment

Wow... not much nice to say about the PO of this car, lol.

What all was wrong from his time as owner? What were the fixes?

Comment

pretty nice looking car.
            Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
            '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
            '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by turbotuner20v View Post
              Wow... not much nice to say about the PO of this car, lol.

What all was wrong from his time as owner? What were the fixes?
              To be honest, I was probably a bit harsh with my wording. The PO seemed like a good guy, he just wasn't much of a car guy I don't think. He bought the car with the mod list and didn't do much himself except cobble stuff together as it went bad.

I found wood screws holding headlights in, duct tape and painter's tape holding stuff together, zip ties instead of screws, shift knob came off the first time I tried to go into reverse, rear speakers weren't mounted correctly, the crossover for the front speakers was disconnect on the driver's side, and plenty of other stuff I still keep coming across. The dash only lit halfway, the tach didn't work, the OBC didn't work. The A/C wouldn't work so we ended up driving through the desert overnight.

I also found out that a bunch of the stuff on that mod list wasn't done or wasn't true once I got it onto a lift. For example, M3 control arms are aluminum, but the ones on my car aren't. The "hand painted" pinstripes are only on certain panels, and some have been clear coated over. The catalytic converter was hollowed out so I had no chance of passing smog without installing a new one. The headers had major exhaust leaks that were so bad we ended up stopping at a Midas in Colorado Springs to get some temporary patching done because our eyes burned from the exhaust coming into the cab. Etc.

Anyway, I continue to remake this car. I'm in the process of a plastic bumper swap right now. I have Remembers on it now. I put a 55w 6k HID kit in the Hellas. I have a Stromung exhaust sitting in the garage waiting for me to install it. I'll get it resprayed once I get the new bumpers on. I put an Alpine HU with an iPod control in it and new rear speakers. There are also a ton of little fixes and stuff I don't feel like typing out right now.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
              MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
              | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                  Hey all,

I bought this cab about 2 months ago in KC and drove it back to socal. It was a great drive but it was immediately obvious the PO was not a car guy. He bought it totally modified and just drove it into disrepair. When something went wrong he got it fixed at an indy, but only if he couldn't fix it with wood screws and/or tape. Seriously.
                  Wow, the OP sounds like the kind of guy that should be allowed near an enthusiast's auto,............. impressionable children...... or unsupervised farm animals.

In fact the OP's driving privileges should probably be restricted to old grocery getters... like a camry...... a white one.

Comment

wanted to share.

I found a picture of the PO new car......

I bet the guy was even French.

Comment

awesome. keep your eye out for some euro bumpers! even if there all jacked up get em fixed and re chromed.
                      awesome ass interior

Comment

black on red = badass
                        good show sir
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                        X