Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just hit 170,000km! Trying something a bit different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea. Looks clean too. I say starter button either close to the driver, or actually on the dash/kickpanel. If you had windows you could mount the switches on that brushed panel too.

How difficult would it be to get a ferrari-style shift pattern instead of a round audi tt looking one? Also would that be overkill?
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
      I've thought about removing the center console ever since I saw this picture of Ben's S50 car. This is when it was still Bob's, so I dont know how much has changed--

Pretty much exactly the look im going for with the carpet! SO neat

Originally posted by ToplessE30 View Post
      I like the idea. Looks clean too. I say starter button either close to the driver, or actually on the dash/kickpanel. If you had windows you could mount the switches on that brushed panel too.

How difficult would it be to get a ferrari-style shift pattern instead of a round audi tt looking one? Also would that be overkill?
      Thought of it allready lol that would be weet, but the base of the shifter is too fat to make a defined shift patern... i even thought of lathing it down, but that might lead to other issues so ill leave that there.

Originally posted by z50_Jumper View Post
      This might be too big, but if you can find used Audi TT parts they could work?

Thought of that too, my mates dad has a tt, i cheacked it out, too big.
      Plus i recon dealer would be chasing at least 200AU

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
      What seats are in there?
      Originally posted by chasiubao View Post
      what seats are those and did it require any modification to fit-i.e. special brackets? i've seen some on flea bay and am thinking of going for it.
      MONZA Mspec. ill get pics tonight, i just painted the shell on one of them.. SO much better! Yes they require custom fabricated brackets.
      These are not off ebay, They are Australian made, and i know the owner of the company, so picked them up cost price.:up:
      Originally posted by Yakinho View Post
      That looks real nice I was thinking about doing something along the same lines, but first i'm going to swap out my disgusting carpet. concept looks real good to. Question: for that start button to work, will you need to insert the key and turn it to the 3rd position or will it prime and do everything else another way?
      turn the key 2 clicks then push the button... Yes you still need the key,
      however im not sure if you can start it with just the key...
      guess we'll find out...

Thanks for the support guys.
      Ill update pics and progress as soon as possible!

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

Good idea. I think it looks better than the console. And nice P-chop I thought it was real. lol

Comment

Very interesting idea. I would suggest a leather boot to go up from the TT style surround, the exposed shift lever is nice, but I think would look much better with a leather cover.

Really is a nice idea! And what about a black anodized metal instead of the silver? Although it may match up nice with the rest of the silver pieces you have in the car. Neat though.
          Reminiscing...

Comment

Nice idea. It will make the inside of the car have an old school feel to it.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
              Very interesting idea. I would suggest a leather boot to go up from the TT style surround, the exposed shift lever is nice, but I think would look much better with a leather cover.

Really is a nice idea! And what about a black anodized metal instead of the silver? Although it may match up nice with the rest of the silver pieces you have in the car. Neat though.
              Thanks mate, I don't know.. i like the bare shaft, but after all it would take me like 10 seconds to change it either way... I'll probably try both
              As for the black anodized metal, bit hard to come buy... plus like you said the silver goes perfectly with pedals, steering wheel, gear knob, an stereo etc...
              If the silver is to overkill, i think ill stick to just a silver panel on black skinned backing...

Thanks again guys!

R.H.D
              M-technic I club

Comment

Heres a pic of my seats for those of you who asked.
                This is when i first bought them:

I recently painted the back of one matte, and stuck a B&W BMW logo on it.
                Cant wait to do it to the other... a HUGE improvement!
                I'm also blacking out the "MONZA M-spec" on the headrest you see in the second pic:

And lastly, here's another quick PS i did from a different angle.
                enjoy and discuss.

James

R.H.D
                M-technic I club

Comment

Gay

R.H.D
                  M-technic I club

Comment

I like the interior, its very clean! I say go for it!

Originally posted by vlad
                    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Looks like a winner! I would do it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X