My E21...It's no E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E21...It's no E30

Since there are so many of these non E30 threads popping up I'd thought I jump on the wagon.

This is my E21. My dad bought this car in 78 as his first new BMW. Since 97 I dallied this car, and in 00-01 I did a complete rebuild on the car. The color is Resedagrün. When I repainted it I added some pearl dust for depth, which is why it appears to be different shades of green in most pictures. The M10 was rebuilt to 2.1L and mated to a getrag 245/10 sport transmission and a 3.91:1 from an iS. The interior is pretty much untouched aside from the seats and gauges; the upholstery has been there since 91. The suspension is the usual adjustable this, and urethane that, with a GC kit.

1979 320i E21 (PreProduction E21)

These are sort of dated engine shots, I have since hid most of the wires and replaced everything with black.

I dont want to make multiple threads so here is another:

This is my 82 greymarket 323i E21. With this one some of you guys can relate. The M20B23 was swapped for a M20B25 from a 91 E30. It has a Dinan chip, and a higher duration cam (don’t know the specs). The color is Lapisblau, suspension is H&R’s with urethane throughout. The wheels are Epsilons color matched, and the interior sports Recaro’s and lower dash from a euro E24, the interior is shod in tweed and I can not stand that crap, I need to fix this.

This car has me in a pickle. I want to build this thing the way I did the first one. I originally intended to pull the engine and stroke to 2.8L, and repaint the whole thing. But I’m just going to keep it the way it is, sans the Girling 4-piston swap, urethane subframe mounts, euro clears, and complete tune up I already did, and the RM’s I hope to acquire soon. Next year I plan on getting an E82 135i and one of my cars will have to go, with this one first in line. Pics aren’t so much, I have the car on stands right now, and she is not photo ready.

Comment

Alright last one. This is my father’s and my 86 E24. We rebuilt the M30B35 to 3.7L in 2000. About 3 years ago we went through the whole thing. Paint is Cosmosblau with metallic. It was not my idea to shave the handles by the way but my dad wanted to be pimp and show off his LCD remote to everyone.

Zee Landshark:

Last edited by blitzed310; 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

that green car is the sex machine
          and i also enjoy the 6er very much
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

So sick. Those cars are look amazing!
            -Adam Schmidt-

1988 Zinnoberrot 325iS ::dead::
            1988 Bronzit 325iS ::sold::
            1991 Alpine 318iS

Comment

Old school at it's best.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

All hail the reverse slope nose BMWs.:o

Comment

Dude, how do you manage to have two gorgeous e21's?! Your e21s make my e30 look like a retarded step child.

BEAUTIFUL!
                  - Sean Hayes

Comment

very nice...very nice indeed
                    -Frank
                    1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                    1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                    2001 525i

Comment

all three cars look great, the green E21 especially
                      sigpic
                      1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
                      1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

the green one is straight SEXXXX!!!!
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

those are some bad ass old school bmw's. i want one.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                          Instagram:
                          https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                          LS Build Thread:
                          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Sick ride man. I love the color. I think I want..... an e21 now
                            92 Granite Silver Vert
                            M60B40 5spd

Comment

E21 is bad ass and so is the E24... Some euro bumpers would set it off big time! (ahem... I have a set for sale... with euro spoilers...)

Same wheels I am planning on buying for my 6er as well.

Pimp juice! :pimp:
                              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                              X