Further Pics of the E30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
    OK what ever. The switch is covered in oil. I see these switches leak on just about every E30 that the shop gets. Again the switch is wet the blocks dry. You cant believe everything you read. Try it for yourself and let us know. Hell PM me your address and I will supply you with a switch just to prove a point.
    The switch is NOT covered in oil. Look at the picture.

Comment

Ok well, ordered new Oil Pressure Switch today...Even if it does not resolve that specific leak I don't mind as it is only a $8 part. A couple new seals need to be ordered to fix up this leaky M20, and a new flex disc has to be installed along with Center Support Bearing...Yay.

Comment

erl

No, it's definatly the pressure switch, or something else.;-)
        sigpic

Comment

It's none of that shit fellas. It's actually quite simple, but very annoying. Ever since I relocated and have a new garage I've been visited by the E30 gnomes almost once a month. They come into your garage, and sabotage tiny seals, o-rings, and gaskets. Sometimes they will leave false clues like oil in strange places, and when they're really feeling like fucking you they'll make booby traps so other shit breaks when you try fixing it.

The only solution I have found is to continually drive your E30s so that they can't sneak in when you're not around. Anyone else have this problem?

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Comment

me want, awesome color my friend!
            Current:1995 :540i--m60+6speed+bunch of other goodies(supercharged) hehe
            1995 525i-5, new winterbeater/DD
            In the past
            1987 300sdl(winterbeater/DD)
            1990 325iS caged and m50ed plus a whole bunch of other stuff!
            1995 540i-6 speed oxford over parchemnt
            1990 BMW 325i(s)Brillantrot with black int
            1995 Audi A6 5speed
            1991BMW750il

Comment

I <3 Calypso.
              The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Oil leaks through the switch, please when you replace it let us know.
                "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
                  Oil leaks through the switch.
                  Yes it definitely can .

But from that pic it appears to be leaking above and running doen the pressure switch wires .

Either way take that POS to a car wash already and friggin blast it .
                  From above, underneath and from the front .

Then check it the next day and try to pinpoint the source/s .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                    Yes it definitely can .

But from that pic it appears to be leaking above and running doen the pressure switch wires .

Either way take that POS to a car wash already and friggin blast it .
                    From above, underneath and from the front .

Then check it the next day and try to pinpoint the source/s .
                    This would be the SMART thing to do. I agree.
                    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                    X