No announcement yet.

Z4 3.0 Lever Installed -PICS-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sphere looks like it'd be a bit too low for me. The knob I have is about as low as I'd want to go, otherwise I'd have to move my body to reach for third and fifth gear. Also, I don't really like any of the stainless. I really want to stick with the current knob I have, I love the look and feel of it. I'll most likely rock this lever+knob combo for a while, and if I get sick of it (which I'm not) I'll probably sell it for a Z4 2.5 or Z3 lever.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Looks awesome. I love the look of the shift knob, very subtle. Might have to get myself one.
      What purpose does the red light under the cigarette lighter serve?

Comment

Originally posted by krisco
        Looks awesome. I love the look of the shift knob, very subtle. Might have to get myself one.
        What purpose does the red light under the cigarette lighter serve?
        It's the LED for my alarm.

Comment

You can always move the shift pattern back by bending the selector rod a bit. I had to bend mine to clear the driveshaft balancer. Here's my Z3 3.0 lever.

1st Gear:

Neutral:

2nd:

The Momo knob and boot were installed by the previous owner, but I like em' a lot.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

It looks awesome. Nice work!

I got to try out a z4 lever in a 318 last night and I actually found I really didn't like it.
            I suppose you can get used to anything though. It's a bit extreme for my tastes.

Has anybody that's done this.. found that reverse is a little hard to get into?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerlover
              It looks awesome. Nice work!

I got to try out a z4 lever in a 318 last night and I actually found I really didn't like it.
              I suppose you can get used to anything though. It's a bit extreme for my tastes.

Has anybody that's done this.. found that reverse is a little hard to get into?
              Which Z4 lever was in the 318? The 3.0 lever has a much shorter throw than the 2.5 one. I've pretty much gotten used to it now; second gear is still a bit rough due to worn synchros. I haven't found reverse to be hard to get into; you have to push much harder to the left to get it over to reverse though because you lose so much torque with the shorter lever.

Comment

I'm actually not sure. My friend just got the 318 on ebay this week..
                and I asked him about the shift lever and he said the PO didn't tell him which it was.

Comment

I like it ken, I like it a lot.

Comment

off topic, but how come you have power windows in your 318? i want some

Comment

Originally posted by ///M Powered
                      off topic, but how come you have power windows in your 318? i want some
                      most came with them

Comment

Working...
                      X