Got The RS's back from PC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    they look good so far. once winter is over i don't want to hear any more excuses for not competing :p

    Leave a comment:


  • crunk3
    replied
    The place i took it Does a lot of rims and stuff it's a metal cleaning shop so i think they knew what they were doing. The guy there that PC, has been doing it for while and i haven't heard anything bad

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Originally posted by e30sd
    it's not the powdercoating, it's the baking that weakens CAST aluminum wheels. brent and his koseis were a prime example of that a few years back.
    Agreed that is why you use a company that knows how to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30sd
    replied
    it's not the powdercoating, it's the baking that weakens CAST aluminum wheels. brent and his koseis were a prime example of that a few years back.

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Groupie
    Looks good. However, I have been told that PCing aluminum wheels is not ideal. Not that most of us would notice the structural integrity lost though. I think thats why. Been told to only paint aluminum.

    Looks very good though! any plans for the lips?

    Not ideal unless shop specializes in wheels and aluminium products. I use a local Company that specializes in PC'ing for an aircraft fab shop. I trust mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • crunk3
    replied
    Originally posted by n2motorsports
    rs001 or rs003???
    001's

    The barrels were in decent condition but it wasn't much extra to have them done.

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Carufel
    Correct-o-mundo.
    its a myth. this has been gone over a million times on car forums.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerista
    replied
    Are the barrels in nice shape too?

    Leave a comment:


  • crunk3
    replied
    I'm thinking 2" lips I think 3" would be too much and would probably rub alot

    Leave a comment:


  • n2motorsports
    replied
    rs001 or rs003???

    Leave a comment:


  • One21Two
    replied
    I love GOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDD!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Carufel
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Groupie
    Looks good. However, I have been told that PCing aluminum wheels is not ideal. Not that most of us would notice the structural integrity lost though. I think thats why. Been told to only paint aluminum.
    Correct-o-mundo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerista
    replied
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Looks good. However, I have been told that PCing aluminum wheels is not ideal. Not that most of us would notice the structural integrity lost though. I think thats why. Been told to only paint aluminum.

    Looks very good though! any plans for the lips?

    Leave a comment:


  • Spiff325iS
    replied
    Nice!

    Leave a comment:

Working...