X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
    Who shit in your cereal this morning?
    My reasoning:
    $1500 car + $1000 shipping + $8,000 federalizing (and that is really how much it costs) != $20,000
    But maybe your fuzzy math internet calculator works differently?

Julien
    Julien,

Just an idea:

If it's so easy and cheap, QUIT FUCKING TALKING AND DO IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
      Julien,

Just an idea:

If it's so easy and cheap, QUIT FUCKING TALKING AND DO IT.
      $10-11k or 20K is a rediculous fucking price for a 20 year old wagon.. but maybe that's just me. While I am at it, my 324td wagon is for sale, I want $15,000. For that price it'll be federalized and you get a steak fucking dinner.

Julien
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Who shit in your cereal this morning?
        My reasoning:
        $1500 car + $1000 shipping + $8,000 federalizing (and that is really how much it costs) != $20,000
        But maybe your fuzzy math internet calculator works differently?

Julien
        If you can show me an e30 touring for 10,500 in as good of shape as Ryans for sale. I will delete this post and call you the man.
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MPowerM3 View Post
          If you can show me an e30 touring for 10,500 in as good of shape as Ryans for sale. I will delete this post and call you the man.
          My whole reasoning is that a $10k is e46 touring price range,wich IMHO is a better car all around. Sigh, whatever I give up.
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Julien, if you can get your wagon federalized and legal for road use in California and delivered to my doorstep, I will write you a $15,000 check for it.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
              Julien, if you can get your wagon federalized and legal for road use in California and delivered to my doorstep, I will write you a $15,000 check for it.

Put your money where your mouth is.
              I don't know about specific Cali/Diesel emissions rules (If old Diesels have to pass smog or not (They don't in NC)) get on IM, I'll call up the agent tomorrow. What specifics do you want on the car? Are you set on a 324td? or would you rather a 318i Late model edition (will have M stripped seats and A/C).

Let me know,
              Julien
              +33(0)661993818
              Build Threads:

Comment

Ive been watching these

$1500 is NOT going to get you a nice touring. $3000-$5000 USD will land you a nice car.
                Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                That Guy.
                03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
                  Ive been watching these

$1500 is NOT going to get you a nice touring. $3000-$5000 USD will land you a nice car.
                  My touring was 250 euros...
                  Build Threads:

Comment

My touring was 250 euros...
                    You apparently know everything but when it comes down to it you won't put your money where your mouth is. Why don't you just import your touring. It seems to me that you need to remove your head from your a$$ and look at the real cost of importing one of these "20 year old wagons" I did my homework before I bought mine and the federalization process is very difficult. I contacted JK Technologies in Baltimore Maryland for a quote and they won't even import one, they told me and I quote "to find one worthy of importing will be like finding a needle in a haystack". They told me that the cost would be astronomical and there was no gaurantee that the car would even pass the DOT inspection process. You may be used to the price of these things being between $1000 - $5000 US dollars where you are but the reality is that they are a high commodity here in the US and they will always fetch a premium price. If you really want one cheap then just import your own and I can gaurantee that you spend at least $15K just importing yours. I'm done trying to explain it to you! Obviously you are clueless.:rofl:
                    1988 M3 (Diamondshwartz)
                    2004 M3 (SilverGray)

Comment

My whole reasoning is that a $10k is e46 touring price range,wich IMHO is a better car all around. Sigh, whatever I give up.
                      Oh and show me where you can get an e46 touring for 10K here in the US.
                      1988 M3 (Diamondshwartz)
                      2004 M3 (SilverGray)

Comment

Originally posted by e30ryan///m3 View Post
                        Oh and show me where you can get an e46 touring for 10K here in the US.
                        E46 323i Tourings are indeed down into the $10-11k range these days.

But that's beside the point.

Comment

I know that my friends boss has two elises that will not pass DOT inspection no matter what. He spent all kinds of money bring them in piece by piece and cannot get them federalizes. I also know of a guy down here who brought a vw gti rallaye (MK2 i believe) in for about 8k in fees. It took him 3 years to do it after buying it in Canada. If it was cheap and easy to do, don't you think there would be more here?
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                            I know that my friends boss has two elises that will not pass DOT inspection no matter what. He spent all kinds of money bring them in piece by piece and cannot get them federalizes. I also know of a guy down here who brought a vw gti rallaye (MK2 i believe) in for about 8k in fees. It took him 3 years to do it after buying it in Canada. If it was cheap and easy to do, don't you think there would be more here?
                            sigh. never said it was cheap nor easy..... What i've said is the exact opposide, it's not worthwhile... selling my 250e (350$) waggon to ben for 15k is kind of a joke...
                            [edit]
                            I just read some of the other posts, figured I'd answer those:

OP: Please stop being pissy, I just made a little stab at your $20,000 e30 touring because I found it funny. Make a public poll as to how many people on this site would spend 20k for a run of the mill touring and you'll se where I am coming from. You said it yourself, finding a touring that worth importing is "like finding a needle in a haystack." Also like ben said e46 wagons can be got for cheap (there is one on ebay right now, BIN 8500, 80k miles 5 speed) My mom sold her 325it for 11k a few months ago as well.

And maybe I'm wrong, and you guys keep telling me I am, but I figure that you give an importer ±10k to federalize a touring, it will be done. Hence why I think $20k is rediculous. A waste of $? I think so! Impossible? No.

Bottom line, I know tourings (I've owned 2 on top of 12 e30s), I know the laws, and I still think they are not worthwhile importing due to the heavy premium.

PS: I actually don't own the touring in my sig anymore, I gave it to my brother

Still think your e30m3 is fucking sweet :-)
                            -Julien
                            [/edit]
                            Last edited by Julien; 01-09-2008, 09:35 AM.
                            Build Threads:

Comment

Yeah,

I won't tell you guys what I paid for it prior to trading it for Ryan's M3 Cab Clone. :p BTW, the 15" Kosei's rock.
                              Cheers,

David
                              '89 318i Touring (gone, but still loved) :sad:
                              '88 Vert

Comment

Working...
                              X