I Call Her Ricki Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Call Her Ricki Lake

I called my last car Sally, so to keep the tradition going I named this one Ricki Lake. because she's the same color as a lake..and I needed to put Ricki before it to make it catchy.. no one is named just 'Lake'...eh I don't have to explain myself to you XD.

Since I've had her I've painted the sidemarkers, kidney, and bumper trim black, debadged the trunk, and painted the tails red. Also replaced the hood latch, but that doesn't matter ;). No more whoreage until I attend to a lot of things, I promise.

Last edited by brandondan1; 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM.

91 318is

Nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by z50_Jumper View Post
      Nice car.
      Thanks! There's a few issues I need to fix. It looks naked without a lip, I know. Hope to get that straightened out soon.

91 318is

Comment

nice car.
        i cant decide if i like your rims or not.
        ________
        New Jersey Medical Marijuana Dispensary
        Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:48 AM.

Comment

That looks a milion times better than your old beat up Zinno Maaco special . :D

Rodneys car always did present itself nicely , hell I've got a bunch of pics of our cars together from back in the day .
          It looks exactle the same as it did in '03 with the exception of the wavy quarter it has now . :p

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by dvs909 View Post
            nice car.
            i cant decide if i like your rims or not.
            Thanks. Funny thing is, I can't decide either lol. I mean, I like them better than basketweaves but they're not the rims I ultimately want. Maybe Remembers or Racing Harts.

91 318is

Comment

If they weren't that finish they'd be quite nice probably. Maybe black?
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

That's a clean machine.... I even like it with out a trunk spoiler.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Lookin Alot better than my ownership!! Shadowline FTW. Keep it tastefully clean though. Throw in some nice interior goodies (Mtech2 steering, sport seats, etc) and you'll have a A+++ ride. Save up for good wheels though...I threw the Konig Imagines on to suffice. Remembers will make it look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                    That looks a milion times better than your old beat up Zinno Maaco special . :D

Rodneys car always did present itself nicely , hell I've got a bunch of pics of our cars together from back in the day .
                    It looks exactle the same as it did in '03 with the exception of the wavy quarter it has now . :p
                    Thanks lol, Rodney really took care of this one. Although I did love the front end of my Zinno... I hardly ever took any ass shots of it. On this car I like the rear end better, for now at least.

I told Rodney I would continue to take care of it. Hope he likes the small changes I've made so far. There'll be more to come. You always gotta bring up that quarter panel don't you lol.
                    Last edited by brandondan1; 01-15-2008, 11:47 AM.

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                      If they weren't that finish they'd be quite nice probably. Maybe black?
                      Yeah, they come out kinda blingy in certain lights. The paint is also very dependent on the lighting. This car is like a chameleon.

Black centers are def. a possibility.

Rodney, I'll be sure not to rice it out... too much :)

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
                        no one is named just 'Lake'
                        Lake Speed from Jackson, Mississippi. Six time National Kart Champion and only American to win the World Karting Championship in 1978 (beating a young Senna, Prost, and a bunch of others.) Later a Nascar Racer with one win in almost twenty years of competing.
                        As they say in Arkansas every year when the economic statistics come out, "Thank God for Mississippi!"
                        Nice car. What wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is View Post
                          Lake Speed from Jackson, Mississippi. Six time National Kart Champion and only American to win the World Karting Championship in 1978 (beating a young Senna, Prost, and a bunch of others.) Later a Nascar Racer with one win in almost twenty years of competing.
                          As they say in Arkansas every year when the economic statistics come out, "Thank God for Mississippi!"
                          Nice car. What wheels?
                          Well I bet there aren't 2 people with the name "Lake" ;). I'm still not changing it though. She might get confused.

Thanks. The wheels are Konig Imagines 15x7

91 318is

Comment

Clean car, I like it. And i also enjoyed your explanation of her name...good stuff.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like it without badges/ spoiler.. Get the front sorted out and she'll be ready to party.

Comment

Working...
                              X