I Call Her Ricki Lake

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by 1991 318is
    Lake Speed from Jackson, Mississippi. Six time National Kart Champion and only American to win the World Karting Championship in 1978 (beating a young Senna, Prost, and a bunch of others.) Later a Nascar Racer with one win in almost twenty years of competing.
    As they say in Arkansas every year when the economic statistics come out, "Thank God for Mississippi!"
    Nice car. What wheels?
    Well I bet there aren't 2 people with the name "Lake" ;). I'm still not changing it though. She might get confused.

    Thanks. The wheels are Konig Imagines 15x7

    Leave a comment:


  • 1991 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by brandondan1
    no one is named just 'Lake'
    Lake Speed from Jackson, Mississippi. Six time National Kart Champion and only American to win the World Karting Championship in 1978 (beating a young Senna, Prost, and a bunch of others.) Later a Nascar Racer with one win in almost twenty years of competing.
    As they say in Arkansas every year when the economic statistics come out, "Thank God for Mississippi!"
    Nice car. What wheels?

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    If they weren't that finish they'd be quite nice probably. Maybe black?
    Yeah, they come out kinda blingy in certain lights. The paint is also very dependent on the lighting. This car is like a chameleon.

    Black centers are def. a possibility.

    Rodney, I'll be sure not to rice it out... too much :)

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    That looks a milion times better than your old beat up Zinno Maaco special . :D

    Rodneys car always did present itself nicely , hell I've got a bunch of pics of our cars together from back in the day .
    It looks exactle the same as it did in '03 with the exception of the wavy quarter it has now . :p
    Thanks lol, Rodney really took care of this one. Although I did love the front end of my Zinno... I hardly ever took any ass shots of it. On this car I like the rear end better, for now at least.

    I told Rodney I would continue to take care of it. Hope he likes the small changes I've made so far. There'll be more to come. You always gotta bring up that quarter panel don't you lol.
    Last edited by brandondan1; 01-15-2008, 10:47 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • No Limit
    replied
    Lookin Alot better than my ownership!! Shadowline FTW. Keep it tastefully clean though. Throw in some nice interior goodies (Mtech2 steering, sport seats, etc) and you'll have a A+++ ride. Save up for good wheels though...I threw the Konig Imagines on to suffice. Remembers will make it look better.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    That's a clean machine.... I even like it with out a trunk spoiler.

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    If they weren't that finish they'd be quite nice probably. Maybe black?

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by dvs909
    nice car.
    i cant decide if i like your rims or not.
    Thanks. Funny thing is, I can't decide either lol. I mean, I like them better than basketweaves but they're not the rims I ultimately want. Maybe Remembers or Racing Harts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    That looks a milion times better than your old beat up Zinno Maaco special . :D

    Rodneys car always did present itself nicely , hell I've got a bunch of pics of our cars together from back in the day .
    It looks exactle the same as it did in '03 with the exception of the wavy quarter it has now . :p

    Leave a comment:


  • dvs909
    replied
    nice car.
    i cant decide if i like your rims or not.
    ________
    New Jersey Medical Marijuana Dispensary
    Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by z50_Jumper
    Nice car.
    Thanks! There's a few issues I need to fix. It looks naked without a lip, I know. Hope to get that straightened out soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Nice car.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    started a topic I Call Her Ricki Lake

    I Call Her Ricki Lake

    I called my last car Sally, so to keep the tradition going I named this one Ricki Lake. because she's the same color as a lake..and I needed to put Ricki before it to make it catchy.. no one is named just 'Lake'...eh I don't have to explain myself to you XD.

    Since I've had her I've painted the sidemarkers, kidney, and bumper trim black, debadged the trunk, and painted the tails red. Also replaced the hood latch, but that doesn't matter ;). No more whoreage until I attend to a lot of things, I promise.





    Last edited by brandondan1; 01-15-2008, 10:36 AM.
Working...