Buddy r3vs his wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy r3vs his wheel.

Well, I don't post much, but my friend had a "funny" accident which I had to share. He was taking a corner at a decent pace, suceeded at dodging a cat, but failed at dodging the curb and the persons yard which the curb tried to protect. He actually cracked the curb with his badass bottlecap.

The diff broke on it, or so we think. You just hear grinding when you try to put it in any gear, and no power is given. That and his bottlecap is now quite dead.

'90 325i

yah i just pretty much dont do anything when an animal enters the road!! lol i just keep going. . . . . now it looks like you got alot of work ahead of you!! sorry to see that..

Comment

quality r3v, thanks for sharing
      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerToad View Post
        quality r3v, thanks for sharing
        Good clean family fun. :D

Comment

looks like the cat made it into the wheel...
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by E30FreaK89 View Post
            yah i just pretty much dont do anything when an animal enters the road!! lol i just keep going. . . . . now it looks like you got alot of work ahead of you!! sorry to see that..

In 1977 when I was in driver training they showed a video of a guy totaling a car avoiding a cat & told us to make no avoidance maneuvers.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yeh, I didn't think he was expecting to lose control doing 25-30ish and tried to save the poor hting, I think a new diff and a bottlecap is a decent trade off; id rather pay for em than tell little sarah that her domestic shorthair is now a coat of fur plastered on the radiator.
              edited for....well due to lack of writing skills.
              Last edited by apexede30; 01-18-2008, 11:38 PM.

'90 325i

Comment

I think he just found out what was the rust repair done to the car.
                92 Granite Silver Vert
                M60B40 5spd

Comment

lol, that bottlecap is jacked

Comment

i woulda creamed the cat and drove on laughing. im a dick
                    ________
                    Jean Todt
                    Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

is he parting it? i got dibs if its sport seats

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                        In 1977 when I was in driver training they showed a video of a guy totaling a car avoiding a cat & told us to make no avoidance maneuvers.
                        Any good driver can avoid a cat just fine. No need to total your car over it. That's why God created BMW CCA High-Performance Driving Schools.

Originally posted by apexede30 View Post
                        Yeh, I didn't think he was expecting to lose control doing 25-30ish and tried to save the poor hting
                        Anyone who wrecks a car dodging a cat at such low speeds really shouldn't be driving. I'll bet my E30 that your buddy was using the classic F&F gangsta' lean with 12-o'clock hold driving position.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Cats are softer than curbs!

Comment

That car is at stock ride height, I bet if he did "hit" the cat, the cat wouold have just gone under the car. Like Emre said, though, how do you do something that nasty at 25-30 mph? Its pretty hard to lose control at that speed.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I would have hit the cat. This past summer i had no where to go but head on with a huge possum. that possum ate shit, and my car was completely fine.
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                              X