Pics of my Ride *56k warning*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my Ride *56k warning*

Here it is, keep in mind I suck at taking pics.....I tried + I have a shitty A40.

Car is stock: Except for:
    Fk Hi-Tec Kit
    Wheels
    Red Tails
    Stereo

Ok now before u comment lemmi guess what ur gonna say.

Wheels: Crappy daul drill wheels A big jordon no no appearently. But they were FREE, and better than bottle caps for the summer. like 2mm from the front srut. wrong offset i know. I have the center caps to hide it......but they come off easy

Mudgaurds: LOL I hate them too, they are coming off soon. PO put them on.

Pinstrip: Coming off soon too.

Diving boards: Currently seeking plastic ones to do a swap.

IS Lip: Ya i know i need one, but i dont think it will last long, its gonna break off

Hmm what am i forgeting?

looks good, have fun with it
    BEERTECH

Comment

looks nice.
      173rd ABN

Comment

your car is clean, not sure if I'm digging how dumped it is though.

56k warning for E30 postage stamps?
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nice car - too bad about the pics :D

re-post some bigger ones if you could
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Morningside Park! Hahaha, wicked man. We need to get a shoot with my ride in it too. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              your car is clean, not sure if I'm digging how dumped it is though.

56k warning for E30 postage stamps?
              Im getting higher rear springs soon, so that should help. I fiqured it was like 20 pics at ~100k each. ~2MB, so i donno it might take are few minutes so i put a warning

Originally posted by Mystikal
              Morningside Park! Hahaha, wicked man. We need to get a shoot with my ride in it too. ;)
              haha ya man, but its not all morningside park, only place i can think of close by. I was gonna call u too, i should have. Next time, we'll run a photo shot soon

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
                nice car - too bad about the pics :D

re-post some bigger ones if you could
                I need a better host

Comment

those pictures are tiny.... but looks good

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

This should be better

Comment

im looking into that FK kit right now. im guessing that's the 60/40? what size wheels are those? 15"? how high off the ground is your "i" lip? do you have any close up pics of the ride height? how do you like that suspension? good handling? tell me everything you can, i know that's a lot of questions. i really appreciate it. thanks man,
                      Dan

Comment

Very nice E30! Just use taller spring pads in the rear, or even stack 2 on top of each other for each side. Most dealers will have 5mm & 10mm spring pads available. On my Eibach Pro Kit, I have a 5mm & 10mm stacked in the rear which basically gives the rear the same fender-tire gap as the front, appx 1.5 fingers.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                          im looking into that FK kit right now. im guessing that's the 60/40? what size wheels are those? 15"? how high off the ground is your "i" lip? do you have any close up pics of the ride height? how do you like that suspension? good handling? tell me everything you can, i know that's a lot of questions. i really appreciate it. thanks man,
                          yup 15'' wheels, Well its kind of a long story, i ordered the 35-40mm drop kit. I emailed them sayin there is no way its 35-40mm. They probably gave me the 60/40mm ones by mistake. They asked for the numbers on the springs to give back to fk in germany or some bs. this is their replay

Trevor,

I spoke with FK Germany tech department this morning, and the part numbers on the springs you have are the correct springs for your specific drop you requested.

We were also taking a look at other E30's that have been lowered, and the rears look lower then the front on every car we looked at. This is simply because of the body design of the car has the rear wheel arches set lower then the front arches. Your car will also look lower because of the thicker profile tires you are running.

We had FK Germany check the spring measurements, spring markings, all the way down to the people that put the springs in the box and everything is correct with the German TUV certificate which allows the parts to used on the road. FK suggested that if you want the rear to appear higher that you use the springs from the Touring model in Germany which we can supply at no cost. With the verification above you would not have received the incorrect springs.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Rob
                          AMI Motorsports Inc.
                          Orders & Info. - 705-730-1558
                          Fax - 705-730-1568
                          I actually really like the drop, it handles great. Its not really stiff, so its driveable on bumpy roads like we have in toronto. So even if they dont wanna admit they made a mistake i guess im gonna keep it.ppl say fks are soft, but im not trackin the car, and stiffer springs would jus make the ride worst, it would corner better, but i dont need that, i'd perfer the better ride quality.

So im kinda confused as to weather the 35-40 estimated drop is way more than they say, or if they made a mistake and gave me the 60/40 kit which it seems like.

I was gonna go H&R and Bilstien......but im happy with the fks, and the shocks have the same lifetime warrenty biltstein has....so they can't blow that easy

By 'i" lip is 3 inches off the ground. The top of my front fender arch is 23 1/4 inch off the ground.

here are some pics, wheels are dirty, and not shiny

Comment

i was just talking to andy (killercalypso) and i saw the same type of pics as yours, and his kit is lower in front, and higher in the rear (no tire tuck) so i think you got the kit you ordered. his is a late model though. looks good, thanks for the info! im getting the kit this week!
                            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
                              i was just talking to andy (killercalypso) and i saw the same type of pics as yours, and his kit is lower in front, and higher in the rear (no tire tuck) so i think you got the kit you ordered. his is a late model though. looks good, thanks for the info! im getting the kit this week!
                              mine is an 88, so it has a late model fenders doesn't it. The difference is jus the metal bumpers.......or did u mean soemthing else?

Comment

Working...
                              X