My BMW powered motor home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BMW powered motor home!

Here is my Vixen 21 XC. It is powered by a m21 turbo diesel engine, the same one from the 524td. It has a Renault 5-speed manual transaxle, she gets 30-35 mpg and is made of fiberglass. The suspension is chevy g20, and the frame is made partly from the same chevy g20. The body is fiberglass. The engine is mounted in the rear of the vehicle and is mounted backwards, so the engine time belt/water pump is right in the back.
    This one happened to of been left to rot in water for 6 years so the inside of it was very very nasty. The new inside will consist of e28 black leather power sport seats up front, e30 leather rear seat for the back side. The walls will be a neutral color, on the driver side wall there will be a counter top and cabinets, plus the bathroom in the back. There will be a closet on the passenger side behind the side door. The rear has a full sized bed over the engine, In there I will be putting in a LCD screen and a small 5.1 surround system. I am going to put my Mac Mini in there to run GPS and music. The floors are going to be fake wood from Ikea and the front floor will be black carpet. I am going to paint the outside of it BMW Sterling Silver with Salmon Silver lower part(the storage compartments and bumpers)

Here is the layout of the cabin

This is how she looked when it was purchased in Florida several years ago by my friend.

This is "The Blue Door" we dont know what its for but Im going to use it to ice fish from, keep in mind this came from florida so they couldnt really ice fish with it there.

Here is the inside after I pulled most of the rotten inside out. I used a link as the picture is huge!
    IMG_800.JPG
    Tri color fabric for sale here!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

pic of m21

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
      pic of m21
      +1 this looks like an interesting project
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Sorry, there are no pictures of the m21, the only access panel that you can really see is 1 foot by 5 inches and its right above the license plates.

Comment

Cage and a drop.
          tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
            Cage and a drop.

Comment

:p Tuck the bumpers and Smoke the Tail Lights
              91 318iS http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396154

Comment

Interesting

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Neato! I think I saw one of these before... They put Roundels on it and everything.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

It looks like it has a 5-lug swap and shadowline time. Nice. +1 on tucking in the bumpers.

COTM

Comment

Smoked smileys and Kopis will really set it off! :p
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Put DSIIs on it.
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

M30, 4.1LSD, and you're good to go. I like it! Looks a bit old but way better than some I've seen!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomakan View Post
                            M30, 4.1LSD, and you're good to go. I like it! Looks a bit old but way better than some I've seen!
                            I was looking into a m30 for it. The only problem is th e renault transaxle thats in it wont take a m30 with out a custom bell housing. It will take a e36 m3 engine though.
                            Last edited by Erik j; 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

oh snap!
                              Slicktop City!

Comment

Working...
                              X