Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A short cruise through Central California wine lands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short cruise through Central California wine lands.

So after Rob (CntrlcoastE30's) installed the z3 2.8l shifter in it was time for a cruise on a road he showed me. First off i would like to say that the 2.8 shift lever did not clear and needed the rod bent or the HB taken out, at least for my car.

Well here is my car with just awesome background on a beautiful probably 70 degrees CA weather :) Just needed to share the pics for such a BMW day.

Rob just did a simple dousing with some simple green/water and letting the car run, my engine bay came out of the dark ages.

Just wanted to point out that the Euro knob is such a cheap and huge improvement over the stock i knob, which of course after 20 years isn't that hard to do. A lot better squarer grip just fyi.

Thats the kind of road that makes driving fun. Just a couple of BMW's giving a wave.

Car is getting lowered sometime this month and paint refinished in the next couple of months. The other car was rob's 318 with his sexy 15" wheels that you can kind of see here.

Don't mind the unphotogenic ogre posing :)

adam

OEM hitch?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I have no clue. Was already on the car when i bought it from the second owner. He also had no idea. But hell, im going to leave it on until perhaps bimmerfest.

Comment

That pose! :rofl: :rofl:

Fucking golden!

Comment

obligatory drop plus is lip suggestion
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Looks like fun!!
            //OO=[|]=OO\\

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
              obligatory drop plus is lip suggestion
              Drop is coming soon. IS lip is in consideration, but we will see how much clearance i will have left. Roads are crappy here, and driveways are really steep. Thanks for the input; just feeding my want to spend more money on the car ;)

This guy must be MikeE30325's protege.
              Don't know the guy

Comment

Turltle Power! :D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I like the hitch too! No, its not a OEM one. that is totally a U.S. style hitch.

Comment

car looks good. can't wait til your springs and shocks are on so we can all go on a cruise through some of the twisties!! :D

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                    Instagram:
                    https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                    LS Build Thread:
                    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                      car looks good. can't wait til your springs and shocks are on so we can all go on a cruise through some of the twisties!! :D

Im waiting for the springs from shox.com. I got an invoice from them but still waiting for the real shipment. hmmm...

Just wondering what a euro hitch would look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                        Drop is coming soon. IS lip is in consideration, but we will see how much clearance i will have left. Roads are crappy here, and driveways are really steep. Thanks for the input; just feeding my want to spend more money on the car ;)

Don't know the guy
                        Drop is indeed coming soon - will call you later Adam to discuss:p
                        Not everyone needs or likes an iS lip
                        The cabrio is already so low that it would not work or look good all scraped up and in pieces

I have a boatload of other smilies - will have to dig them out

Comment

a euro hitch doesnt have a square reciever. I have a touring in my yard with a hitch on it, I need to take some pics of it I guess.

Comment

Cirrus, right? FTW!!!

Sweet hitch, I can dig it.
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                            X