Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New E30!

Yeah, back to having two E30s.

I picked this one up this morning. She's a gas-sipping '91 318i. Tim (VacMan) found her on Craigslist Orange County on Tuesday...I had told him that I was looking for one on Monday afternoon.

Original owner, all records, 266,000 miles, all service up to date, everything's been done. They've been taking her to the same shop ever since the factory warranty expired.

Her drivers side rear quarter was paintless-dent-removal'd and resprayed after someone rubbed along the side of her. No bondo, but not original paint on that panel. Very hard to tell.

My plans:

- Detail detail detail.
    - SEM Trim Black on all plastic mouldings & grilles.
    - SEM Chip Guard on rocker panels.
    - Repaint front and rear valance white areas (PPG Delstar Acrylic Enamel, foam roller).
    - Fix SRS light.
    - Remove tint.
    - Euro Ellipsoids w/ HID.
    - M-Tech II steering wheel.
    - Save gas and insurance money!

I paid $2500 for what it's worth.

On to the pics:

And last but not least, my favorite part of this car (seriously!). I love these things -- they make an E30 look so..."Euro".

Looks like a gem!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Congrats! Looks very clean.

Comment

love it
        sigpic

Comment

Obligatory drop plus is lip suggestion

Clean car. I'm jealous.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

clean 4-doors FTW.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Ahh yeah, I almost forgot; the shifter has the classic spoon-in-a-bowl-of-spaghetti feel going on. I'm going to have to replace it. I don't want anything as aggressive as, say, the Z3 M Coupe shifter, but definitely something shorter and all new bushings will do the trick...

Comment

buy my s38b36 motor and make it a whore of wheelspin :giggle:

Comment

You must have missed the part about being a gas-sipper ;).

Comment

Very nice. Good find at $2500, and one owner e30's are nice finds!

I miss mine. Damn camshaft broke in half. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Unmolested E30. :) Congrats

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                        Ahh yeah, I almost forgot; the shifter has the classic spoon-in-a-bowl-of-spaghetti feel going on. I'm going to have to replace it. I don't want anything as aggressive as, say, the Z3 M Coupe shifter, but definitely something shorter and all new bushings will do the trick...
                        Nice car. Mine is red with fogs, but otherwise the same.

My shifter is stock, maybe getting a little wear, but I'm really easy on shifters. I'm thinking of going with the UUC kit, just because it's so pretty and my buddy has an account with them.

The shifter is one thing I miss from my 2002.
                        Not that I care, of course.

Comment

nice dude.
                          Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
                          '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
                          '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by eric (^__^) View Post
                            Nice car. Mine is red with fogs, but otherwise the same.

My shifter is stock, maybe getting a little wear, but I'm really easy on shifters. I'm thinking of going with the UUC kit, just because it's so pretty and my buddy has an account with them.

The shifter is one thing I miss from my 2002.
                            I'm probably going to stick with a BMW OEM product. Probably an E36 platform shifter, but I don't know yet. My roommates' E30 325i has the Z3 M Coupe shifter and it's just way too short for daily use in my opinion. I'd like something that is shorter than stock but not short enough to be notchy.

Comment

Have you driven his car? These "notchy" shifters feel a bit lame until you're at speed, in my experience. I will have to test the UUC unit before I buy though. Short shifter + wooden momo and shift boot = sex

hubcaps 4 lyfe btw
                              Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X