An auto-x virgin no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son, I told to not smoke that crack. Now you are lost :D
    All you will do is live for your next hit.

Congrats, looked like a fun day, well, except for the snow.

This is the way these cars were meant to be driven and you just can't do that on the open road.

This is what it looked like over on the wet side this morning.

1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Ya, we have a winter storm advisory goin on right now in spokane. Looks awesome Josh, I'd keep the car as is also, get the driving part down first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
        Whaaaa? I don't have that much, way less than most of the cars out there.

Nando, I'm definitely sticking with it. I might actually start building my car more toward auto-x duty. I think I'm addicted, I had a blast.
        thats what i like to hear..another e30 geared towards what it best for..track duty!! looks good man. what tires do you have?

Originally posted by rwdrift
        Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
        - Erick

Comment

:up:

Looks like you had fun.
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

I cant wait to get my car done so I can start doing some of these.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E-rich View Post
              thats what i like to hear..another e30 geared towards what it best for..track duty!! looks good man. what tires do you have?
              Bridgestone Potenza S03 PP's. They're really great tires, but it was damn cold today, so they didn't perform to their fullest. The fun runs toward the end of the day saw them doing a lot better, as it got a lot warmer.

My car has always been built for road performance and handling, more so than power and speed (obviously, it's an eta). But like nando said, I'll go through this season with the car as it is, probably just doing a few more things like sways and what not.

Comment

Here's another pic that one of the guys got of me in the staging area, I think I was next up.

Comment

That cone looks like they poured the concrete around it. Talk about not having to chase after cones when you're working.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Ha ha, yeah. It's just a little white cone with spray paint around it.

Comment

Nando, I'm definitely sticking with it. I might actually start building my car more toward auto-x duty. I think I'm addicted, I had a blast.

YEA for Josh, we have another addict. I knew you would come around. I am glad you had fun. PS. it get very expensive depending on how deep into it you get. But its worth it.
                      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

ha, i know that guy with the legacy/sti swap. did you talk to him at all? his name is matt, hes a cool fellow.

car looks good out there, still a lot of lean. but good non the less.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                          ha, i know that guy with the legacy/sti swap. did you talk to him at all? his name is matt, hes a cool fellow.

car looks good out there, still a lot of lean. but good non the less.
                          Just a little, not much about the car. He was doing tech, really cool guy. I didn't know it was swapped until about halfway through the day. I was wondering why that thing was so effing fast.

Sways are my next suspension mod, those should help with the lean quite a bit.

Comment

I was thinkin the same thing - his car doesn't have near the amount of body roll my car does. I've been running with stock sways for years with Konis and IE3s. I say stick with how it is too - you really don't need more. you've done one autocross - you have much more practice to gain before you need to worry about mods. ;)

If you think autocrossing is fun....go drive on a track. Autocrossing is just...meh to me now. Track driving is SO MUCH MORE FUN! Not to mention I seemed to get faster in autocrossing after some HPDE's. Even still, I'm never going to mod my car around autocross regulations or anything like that - I make it how I like and drive it for fun.
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Looks like some nice tarmac.
                              | Jimmy | 1999 M3 | 1986 325 ES |

Comment

As others have said before, it's good to see the car being used properly. Autox and track events are a ton of fun.
                                sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                                Current:
                                1988 325is S52
                                Former:
                                2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                                1988 M5
                                1996 328is

Comment

Working...
                                X