To badge or not to badge.. That is my question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To badge or not to badge.. That is my question

So, I've been kicking around the idea of re-badging my car since I painted it. I've stared for hours, but really can't decide.. So, I thought I'd get the opinion of r3v.

Here's a few bad photo's without the poor mock up..

Yes. Let those suckers shine..
    28.95%
    No. Stay on course without them..
    71.05%

I pulled mine off and haven't looked back since. I love the look without the badge - it unclutters the rear end. That's my stance on it. :D

I love your beautiful paint. Makes me want to get my car repainted...:)
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

I had mine off for a long time but then realized that it was what everyone was doing. So I threw the badge back on and I really like it. The best part about what you're doing is that if in 6 months you're over it, you can take them off.

E30Fiend
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Well, one reason I've been wanting to put them one is just to show some "is" pride.. I know it sounds lame, but since all of our cars are starting to more rare, I think it's kinda cool to show that it is an "is" with all the options.

The other side of me thinks it looks nice and clean without them. I also lean towards "If you know what it is cool". You won't need a badge there to figure it out". I know that when I find that e30 M3, it will have no badges at all (except roundels).

Comment

Originally posted by dillsnick View Post
          Well, one reason I've been wanting to put them one is just to show some "is" pride.. I know it sounds lame, but since all of our cars are starting to more rare, I think it's kinda cool to show that it is an "is" with all the options.

The other side of me thinks it looks nice and clean without them. I also lean towards "If you know what it is cool". You won't need a badge there to figure it out". I know that when I find that e30 M3, it will have no badges at all (except roundels).
          See, that my work for you. But, my car has parts from etas, super etas and is's all over the place. So, it's a confused car...
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

Leave them off.
            1989 US E30 Cammed S52
            Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

rob
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                See, that my work for you. But, my car has parts from etas, super etas and is's all over the place. So, it's a confused car...
                Thanks for the compliments on the paint.. She's come a long way. My bumpers where black like yours (at least the front when I first got it) and I thought of keeping that. It looks cool on your car, but I don't think I could pull it off.

These picks are a blast from the past.. When she was an automatic and still a wreck.

This pic alone kinda wants me to put them back on..

Comment

I think you should put them back on.

Comment

I took mine off. Got an old M3 grill badge. Removed the M3 and replaced it with the IS and put it back on the grill. I like the badgeless trunk lid.

This pic is bad but you get the idea.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Buy a set of black ones. Red + black trim+ black letters = goodness

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        id like to see that

Comment

i took mine off a long time ago and love the way it looks w/o them

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                            +1

Comment

Yours is the first car that I have seen and said, wow it would look good with the badges on there. WTF is wrong with me, I have always debadged my cars...
                              Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Working...
                              X