New car and friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car and friends...

The convertible was for sale, but my dad just recently sold it for a nice profit as an independent dealer.

The sedan is a 323i had been sitting at a shop for ages and the owner didn't want to sell it unless we took this E28 with it, and we didn't need two cars so we waited. Picked it up for $500. Yeah. It is currently my dad's daily driver.

I am taking the gauge cluster at some point in time. Because it is a gray market car I can't sell it legally and we can even register the thing...so it will be a few more years until its a "classic".
    Reminiscing...

Great find on the euro sedan! That Alpine deck looks ancient...

So if it's a grey market car, you can't register it? I'm not sure how you'll be able to get plates for it and DD it, then. How do grey market cars work?

also, wat
    cars beep boop

Comment

Nice nice. New beginnings

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        So if it's a grey market car, you can't register it? I'm not sure how you'll be able to get plates for it and DD it, then. How do grey market cars work?
        I can't recall all the details, but I can ask my pops since he told me everything about them at one point when we first found it 3 years ago! Its been just sitting there. Needs brakes, tires, suspension is shaky, drivers seat is broken...

...here's to another project!

EDIT: And I'm definitely taking that Alpine, so hot. I wonder if it is CD player ready though...
        Last edited by M42Technik; 04-26-2008, 05:00 PM.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

OMFG, is that a 7146? If so, you should find two amplifiers somewhere in that car.

Does the damn thing still work?

Gentlemen, THAT is a real Alpine. The crap they peddle today is shit compared to the quality of that deck.

(no, I don't want to buy it)

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I work with a guy who has an 83 323i sedan he drives everyday. Slammed on 17s and full exhaust with headers.
            Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Gentlemen, THAT is a real Alpine. The crap they peddle today is shit compared to the quality of that deck.
              I was stoked to see it in the first place but now I'm really glad I found it! I guess I'll have to throw it into my car! I have not tested it yet though, so it may be busted. :(
              Reminiscing...

Comment

If you can't register it, how will you drive it? Can you do that in MD? Here, you can't drive without registration, and you can't get insurance for it either.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                  If you can't register it, how will you drive it? Can you do that in MD? Here, you can't drive without registration, and you can't get insurance for it either.
                  My dad is a dealer so his dealer tag gives him the right to drive it. Thats why its a win-win really.

However my dad is wondering how much life is left in the car. We may part it out after I see how much everything is worth and such.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

yeah- that deck is sweet.
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Gimmee your fockin m42 car...NOWS.

Comment

Dan, that's awesome.

I know you'll treat the new family members well.

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        Soundwave would approve.

/tear
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                          Gimmee your fockin m42 car...NOWS.
                          No wai!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm trying to convince my dad to keep it for now...
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

That car deserves better than a part out. If the motor is tired, I'm sure there are a few m20b25s laying around somewhere.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

After going around the car we found tons of rust everywhere...it may be prime and ready for a part out, but I am now envisioning an early model with paint-matched euro bumpers and other goodies.

I also found an original BMW hazard triangle, a storage tray where the battery usually goes in the trunk, and an OEM radio delete cover!

It also has some other neat little goodies I'll probably be borrowing... :up:

And yes it is an Alpine 7146 Luke, but I didn't find any amps?
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
                              X