No announcement yet.

New car and friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you do end up parting it out, I want that front valence for my euro bumper :D

Could also use the 731 head, but I probably don't have the funds for that.

Where is the majority of the rust? Floorpans?
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Well, if you do end up parting it out, I want that front valence for my euro bumper :D

Could also use the 731 head, but I probably don't have the funds for that.

Where is the majority of the rust? Floorpans?
      I'll keep you posted. The rust is all over the trunk, there are rust bubbles on the outer fenders so its been eating away in there, there's rust all over the place...There isn't rust on the bumpers though, but there may be rust once I get them off the car.

I'll keep you all posted. I also found the glovebox has no lock so that may go on my car, and it has a german check panel as well.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Oh, are gloveboxes without locks uncommon or something? I don't think mine has a lock...

In any case, it would be amazing if the rear euro bumper didn't have any rust. Apparently those things capture and soak up water and most of them are very rusted out.

I'm sure this has been covered many times, but what's up with the paint chipping on the MtechII valence on your 318iS?
        cars beep boop

Comment

Im no stereo buff, but I do remember that head unit or "tape deck" from the early 90's when I was a kid... I would say keep it as a conversational piece, and later put it in the DD or make a home setup for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
            Im no stereo buff, but I do remember that head unit or "tape deck" from the early 90's when I was a kid... I would say keep it as a conversational piece, and later put it in the DD or make a home setup for it!
            I plan to keep it if the car does leave the house, but most definitely want it for the car, its just far too oldschool to toss.

I just want to be able to play CD's too without the use of the CD/tape adapter I used to use in highschool!
            Reminiscing...

Comment

that sucks that it has bad cancer. still got alot of nifty euro parts!

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Something else to look at, is the defrost button. It looks like it has a green one. Unlike the yellow ones in most other e30's

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Something else to look at, is the defrost button. It looks like it has a green one. Unlike the yellow ones in most other e30's
                  I was looking at the buttons and oddly enough I noticed this. They also sit shorter than normal buttons...or maybe I'm just crazy.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

It looks like the back end shrank in the wash

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      OMFG, is that a 7146? If so, you should find two amplifiers somewhere in that car.

Does the damn thing still work?

Gentlemen, THAT is a real Alpine. The crap they peddle today is shit compared to the quality of that deck.

(no, I don't want to buy it)
                      Luke beat me to it.

Nice find!
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

Working...
                      X