This is Simone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
    Nina was a very nice piece of work but I thought she was just a bit too 'prim and proper' to fit into Vancouver in her original form.

The car needed some edge, more attitude and be a little dirtier. Hence the wheels and coilovers which do change how the car looks overall.

If Nina was the girl next door then Simone is the girl in skin tight leathers and boots.

I'll take the girl next door. The qtr and front fender are all dented up, I think this car has begun a great spiral downward. How long until the blue neon kit goes in ?

Comment

I'm with Farbin. I liked it better before. Sorry dude...those wheels just aren't doing it for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darkwing6 View Post
        i'm with farbin. I liked it better before. Sorry dude...those wheels just aren't doing it for me.
        +1

Comment

don't mind my opinion

i think it just needs a better offset with the cap off like these: (excuse the crappy cell phone pic)

sigpic
          What's Crackiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSh9an26Ac
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBCQUMOdo
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeasDMXRfGM
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFVxnNmiIY

Comment

those wheels are fug. sorry.
            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Man the wheels are disgusting. Car is hot, of course. The coilovers almost make up for the wheels.

Anything you do to the wheels will be a downgrade from the Alpinas so dont feel too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                I'll take the girl next door. The qtr and front fender are all dented up, I think this car has begun a great spiral downward. How long until the blue neon kit goes in ?
                Woah! Hold the judgement guys. The bodywork was the last on Levent's list of things to do (those small dents/dings were there already). MC has plans to take care of all that in the near future.

I actually love those wheels, just not sure if they flow well with her look, you know? I still have the Alpina's in my basement if you ever change your mind.........
                turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

put the alpina's back on ;\

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

you just need some wider wheels in the back, :)

PM sent

Comment

+1 to keeping alpinas and installing cabrio-specific side skirts

Also, since the weather has been decent lately, get some pics of car with the top down. I want to see that interior...
                      sigpic
                      An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Here's what a hard-top cabrio looks like with the sides:

I spoke with the previous owner of this car at the last CCA track event @ Pacific Raceways. For those of you in the PNW, this car is located in a garage in Fox Island/Gig Harbor area. Is a grey-market import, not a clone. Apparently it only leaves the garage a handful of times each year.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          Yes... they are dented up... as they were when I picked it up in Chicago.

As for the wheel offset I don't think I can push them out any farther without rolling the fenders. Right now the front and rear tires just clear the fender lips.
                          Last edited by MC Hammered; 10-03-2008, 11:41 AM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

So when does the neon go in? Gonna put the circular tubes around the brake discs? Those really will set off those chrome monsters.

Comment

Jparkr owned that mtech vert, right? you can ask him about it
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I am on the search for those Mtech1 vert sideskirts before I send the car to the bodyshop.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Working...
                                X