Do I have leather seats? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have leather seats? :D

I thought they were leather, and then on closer inspection they looked/felt like vinyl (hard and stiff). I sprayed them with turtlewax F21 protectant stuff, and let it soak in for a day or two, and I am beginning to think they are in fact leather:

this looks to me like typical leather wear patterns, not to mention the wrinkles:

Attached Files

They are Leather. ;)
    Last edited by Nicademus; 10-31-2008, 04:14 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
      They should be vinyl.

"should be" based on what? 1991s only had vinyl? lil' hepp!! ;)

Comment

They are leather....
        BMW Headlights ::

Comment

id say if the stitching is real then they are leather, if the stitching is fake they are vinyl. but by the wear signs id say they are leather. oh yea and never use turtle wax again. you should be able to find 303 products for your vinyl and lexol for your leather. nuf said.
          sigpic
          1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

looks like leather to me
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M5wanaB View Post
              id say if the stitching is real then they are leather, if the stitching is fake they are vinyl. but by the wear signs id say they are leather. oh yea and never use turtle wax again. you should be able to find 303 products for your vinyl and lexol for your leather. nuf said.

yes, the stitching is real, and the longer they soak in protectant the softer they get. i switched from turtlewax stuff (i was using it thinking seats were vinyl, bottle says its for leather or vinyl) to meguiars leather-specific stuff... one reason why i thought they were vinyl is they were STIFF when i first got the car. but im thinking the wear pattern/wrinkles on driver's seat, along with real stitching makes em leather. :D happygoodtimes! :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by robspeed325i View Post
                yes, the stitching is real, and the longer they soak in protectant the softer they get. i switched from turtlewax stuff (i was using it thinking seats were vinyl, bottle says its for leather or vinyl) to meguiars leather-specific stuff... one reason why i thought they were vinyl is they were STIFF when i first got the car. but im thinking the wear pattern/wrinkles on driver's seat, along with real stitching makes em leather. :D happygoodtimes! :nice:
                the vinyl seats in my 318is were really soft, not stiff at all. the leather seats in my current e30 are very firm.
                http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Give me the last 7 of your VIN and I can tell you.

Chris
                  [CENTER] 1990 325i - Delphin Grey on Natur/Pearl Beige Houndstooth

Comment

the vinyl would have little holes on the insides. and from the pictures it looks like the insides are soild
                    +1 for leather.
                    Originally posted by Ferdinand
                    I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

those are leather. vinyl seats are perforated.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks again everyone, i saw some hi-rez pics of vinyl seats from an ebay listing and confirmed the vinyl is dimpled/perforated. im stoked to have leather! :)

Comment

as everyone has mentioned, they are leather and they are plane janes. Sport seats would do wonders.
                          Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                            as everyone has mentioned, they are leather and they are plane janes. Sport seats would do wonders.

Yeah, it would be nice, but chances are sport seats would be a lot more worn out... catch 22 i suppose... im big enough that i wedge into the car as it is, i wont be sliding around too much ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X