Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some 245s.

Hey guys,
    I acquired a set of Michelin 245/40/17s this weekend and decided to show them off. I think they fill up the wheel arches nicely! They look very meaty, too.
    Enjoy the pics!

And as to the question of why...well, why not? I like em. :giggle:

Cool.

Wheel size and offset?

Comment

can we get some further-away stance shots?
      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Cool.

Wheel size and offset?
        They're 17x7 +40 offset with 15mm spacers, so net +25 offset. I was surprised that these tires fit on them, but they do.

can we get some further-away stance shots?
        Sorry, these are the only pictures I took while I was at home, but I'll remember to take some full car shots next time!

Comment

I'm surprised they fit so well. I want to run 225s and was worried they would rub against either the fender or strut, but guess not. I bet the car looks sick from behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
            I'm surprised they fit so well. I want to run 225s and was worried they would rub against either the fender or strut, but guess not. I bet the car looks sick from behind!
            Thanks, I'm sure 225s will fit just fine. The key IMO is offset; these things probably wouldn't fit if the offset was any higher or lower. And yes, the car does look sick from behind! :p

Comment

What are you running suspension wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                What are you running suspension wise?
                The car has Vogtland springs and KYB shocks. Everything else is basically stock. I'm very happy with the drop, and the ride is perfect for DD.

Comment

I'm running 225/50/15's on 15x8 et22 Kosei's. They fit perfectly with no modification to the fenders (ie. no rolling).

My car is also lowered on Vogtland springs with Koni's. It is perfect for me. Any lower and I would hate it.

Comment

i just put some 205's on my car and they look pretty damn beefy but i think i want to get at least 225's or 245's!

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
                    anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Comment

How does it drive? I had 225/45R16s on mine at first but felt like it was a bit too much. I loved the great traction, but i actually prefer the way it drives with the 195/65R14 daily tires i have on it now. The lack of sidewall stiffness sucks, but the steering feels so much better. The next tires i get will be 205/50R16s in a really sticky compound so i have the best of both worlds.

Do you know what i mean about all that effort required to turn the front wheels, though?

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30.v2
                        Not a huge fan of the wheels, but glad you aren't a part of the tire stretching fad.

What's the treadwear on those things? Looks pretty decent for a Pilot Sport.
                        Tire stretching isnt fad,and this is one of rare e30s that can pull of meaty tires:D
                        I www.ak-bmwcroatia.com I

:wgaf:

Comment

i like it.
                          Originally posted by e30e
                          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by iwillhunt View Post
                            How does it drive? I had 225/45R16s on mine at first but felt like it was a bit too much. I loved the great traction, but i actually prefer the way it drives with the 195/65R14 daily tires i have on it now. The lack of sidewall stiffness sucks, but the steering feels so much better. The next tires i get will be 205/50R16s in a really sticky compound so i have the best of both worlds.

Do you know what i mean about all that effort required to turn the front wheels, though?
                            Yeah, there is definitely some extra work required to turn the wheels, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. And yes, there is a very noticeable increase in grip from these beefy tires!

Originally posted by TDE30.v2
                            Not a huge fan of the wheels, but glad you aren't a part of the tire stretching fad.

What's the treadwear on those things? Looks pretty decent for a Pilot Sport.
                            The tires have a treadwear rating of 220

Originally posted by -Jelko-
                            Tire stretching isnt fad,and this is one of rare e30s that can pull of meaty tires:grin:
                            Originally posted by bimmer_E30
                            i like it.
                            Thanks guys! :)
                            Last edited by driz; 11-10-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Wow I didn't think a 7 inch wheel could pull those off so well...hmmm I might have to try that on my wheels. :nice:
                              Last edited by e30polak; 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM.
                              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X