• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking beefy! welcome to the wide club. :P

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
      Wow I didn't think a 7.5 inch wheel could pull those off so well...hmmm I might have to try that on my wheels. :nice:
      he said they're 17x7s.
      Toyota Pickup

Comment

Holy crap! Those things fill out nicely, I will have to go wider than my lowley 215's next time :)

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys! :)

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
              Wow I didn't think a 7 inch wheel could pull those off so well...hmmm I might have to try that on my wheels. :nice:
              Same!

Wow thats great dude, thanks for trying it out and showing all us other newbs whats up.
              -Chris

Comment

Hmmmmm. I was planning of doing 235/40s on my 17 x 8s in the spring.

But now you have me thinking I might as well go whole hog and throw 245/40s on them. But since my wheels stick out an extra 12.5mm to the outside I think a heavy rear fender roll and raising my ride height back up will be needed.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Those look nice but they look as wide as my 205's? This confuses me.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                    Same!

Wow thats great dude, thanks for trying it out and showing all us other newbs whats up.
                    No problem! I'm glad I could be a pioneer of sorts and give you guys the inspiration to go wider :)

Those look nice but they look as wide as my 205's? This confuses me.
                    Wow, those do look pretty wide. Are you running the same wheel size and tire profile? Maybe that could be a factor in how they look...anyone else have an explanation?

Comment

Raxe's tires look like 205's. your 245's look like 205's. especially for a 17x7 fitment. are you sure you read the side wall correctly...?

Comment

Maybe in a couple weeks when I get home, if I remember to, I'll post up pics of my 235s and we'll compare and take notes.
                        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by kowalski View Post
                          Raxe's tires look like 205's. your 245's look like 205's. especially for a 17x7 fitment. are you sure you read the side wall correctly...?
                          Yes, they're definitely 245s:

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                          Maybe in a couple weeks when I get home, if I remember to, I'll post up pics of my 235s and we'll compare and take notes.
                          Sounds good.

Comment

Nice tires!! I dont like the rims but thats not the subject of the thread so Ill shut up. How do the tires feel? Grippy? Can you feel the difference?

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                              Nice tires!! I dont like the rims but thats not the subject of the thread so Ill shut up. How do the tires feel? Grippy? Can you feel the difference?

Mariano

Yessir! The tires are extremely grippy; they're a definite improvement over my previous 215s. The car feels solid going around corners. I may even go as far as to say that it's an excessive amount of grip for normal driving, but I enjoy it, so whatevs! :)

Comment

Originally posted by kowalski View Post
                                Just for reference, assuming the two tires are actually close in size to their listed width that you are trying to pick up a 15mm difference (30 mm wider with half on each side of the wheel) through a couple of pics on the internets.

Aside from these could run narrow, Raxe's could run wide and so on and so on..........
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X