No announcement yet.

My first E30....and BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

find a replacement door (used or new)and don't let them pull and bondo that. If it is any kind of reputable body shop they will spray into the fender and rear1/4 to blend it. I'm from Chicago orig. and that door will rust in a year if they just bondo it up with all the salt they throw down.

Comment

Yea I know what you mean. I don't want them mudding it up either. I worked at a reputable auto body shop for a summer a while back. They'd cut out the panel and re-skin the door sometimes too. I'll have to talk to the shop about what they could do - but I definitely don't want bondo.

Comment

Nice car Dave, I'll trade you your choice of two of mine for it :)

JK can never trade away my babies.

I just signed a lease on a barn/garage 45 mins away to store a couple cars and all the crap in my garage at. Hopefully that means I can give you a ride in an s52 vert or turbo 89 325is whenever you come back to boston to visit.

Comment

Hey Sam,
          I'll be back in MA in 3 days so you let me know when we can take those rides:)

I'm looking for a garage area too. It's hard to find one in Chicago. I bought a new fuel filter for the car and went to put it on yesterday and just couldn't get myself to do it. I was laying pretty much in the road on a heavily traffic'd bus area. So I'd get down to start pulling things off and a bus would wiz right by my feet. I almost shit myself.

Comment

Did you call them at that shop i told you about yet? Let me know when you're free or shoot me a pm with your info!

Comment

I haven't called yet - but I sent them an e-mail with pictures to see if I could get a quote online. I haven't heard back from them yet. I've been busy lately and haven't had the time to drive it over there.

Plus I'm going home to MA for thanksgiving, so I'll probably just get this all done when I get back.

Comment

fuck yeah, that's a straight-clean score. spot on price. bummer about the door. +1 on door replacement w/ appropriate prep/paint to surrounding areas.

Cheers
                -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                X