My 325e has been pulling family duty. (Pics added!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
    Sorry for offending the people with minivans.
    Nah, I am not offended. Hell, I even "admitted" on another thread that I am a member of the siennaclub.org forum.

    Even after our kids are all grown, i think we will always have one as a utility vehicle/people hauler.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Originally posted by VacMan
    Good point. Another big issue is safety. The Sienna is like a rolling vault with 12 interior airbags. God forbid my pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter were in an accident in a frickin' E30.
    hmm. I dont know. Ive seen many people get in lots of accidents in E30s that impressed me thoroughly as to the safety of this car. Granted, the Sienna is safer but Im simply saying that the E30 is no death box by any means.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Originally posted by alpinaclone
    I've been trying to reason with my wife a way out if the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesy minvan, It so far has been a losing battle. In her eyes, if not the gay minivan, it would be a super flaming prison rape homosex SUV. It's a lose, lose either way.
    I dont understand why some women insist on trying to make some guys do shit like this.


    Originally posted by aSpecD_
    ps. nice sedan though!
    i wish my dad had a taste in cars, or at least had any interest in them
    but that's far from possible. he drives a champagne gold 95 oldsmobile. horrible.
    As soon as you said you wished your dad had taste in automobiles, I pictured a car very similar to what you said you had hahaha.


    Originally posted by euro3
    Wife, Kid, stroller, diaper bag, groceries.......

    I love E30s, but an E34/E39 Touring would make life better.
    Oh yeah. I know Im going to need more room and Im definitely going the E39/E34 wagon route.

    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles Magnet:
    hhahahaa. Caption time!


    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    I'm going to echo Dave on this one...

    My wife bought a Ford Windstar last year for her daycare business, so she could fit all the kids in when they need to go somewhere. While I'm still trying to get over owning one, I cannot deny how convenient it is. Everything fits! Once I get back to working steadily, we're going to sell it and get a VW Eurovan, tho. Gotta have something with a least some kind of Euro-cred. :D
    Originally posted by VacMan
    Remember how you didn't know shit about being a Dad and can't believe how much your life has already changed? Don't knock the minivan, you'll soon learn what managing a toddler is all about. Get back to me the first time your wife comes out of the store with a 16 month old kicking and screaming while trying to push a cart of groceries and then load everything and your daughter into a tiny little E30 with a car parked next to yours.

    Our Sienna with power sliders and power tailgate is worth it's weight in Blunt Cum(tm). Not to mention we can actually take other people with us when we want to go somewhere.
    OK I knew Id catch shit for that comment. Sorry for offending the people with minivans. I do know that there is a purpose for everything and see the benefits of such a vehicle. Its a little personal thing that I will consider it a small victory if I somehow find a way to go through life without owning one. So far, Im doing well, my family never had one. ts just a funny little joke thing to me. Sorry, guys. And you have a huge point about the room issue.


    Originally posted by uofom3


    better idea
    Oh Ive had that seat in my sights for a LOONG time. Ever since I knew Recaro had one, its been on the top of my list of things to get when I had a kid.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    The other thing is, when you are talking about your wife and kids and transport, you want something that will run and not leave them stranded. You cannot beat a Sienna/Odyssey in that department.
    Good point. Another big issue is safety. The Sienna is like a rolling vault with 12 interior airbags. God forbid my pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter were in an accident in a frickin' E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tree18is
    replied
    Bad ass big guy. Mine has been fired for family duty we usually take the fuckn 5.9 dodge... fuckn abortion of a vehicle.
    try to keep the buster happy with the eta.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    I'm glad you eta baby hauler looks better than most of the cars on here, good job! :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Ditto what VacMan said.

    The other thing is, when you are talking about your wife and kids and transport, you want something that will run and not leave them stranded. You cannot beat a Sienna/Odyssey in that department.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by VacMan
    Remember how you didn't know shit about being a Dad and can't believe how much your life has already changed? Don't knock the minivan, you'll soon learn what managing a toddler is all about. Get back to me the first time your wife comes out of the store with a 16 month old kicking and screaming while trying to push a cart of groceries and then load everything and your daughter into a tiny little E30 with a car parked next to yours.
    Yeah, my wife kept her E30 for about 6 months after our daughter was born. Then it was SUV time. We got her a 4 door Suzuki Sidekick sport, that little thing was badass. But we had to sell it for the minivan for her daycare business. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
    Since my daughter was born a month and a week ago, my 4 door eta has been pulling family duty. Its doing pretty good actually. Besides being too low and a little bit too small in the rear in terms of leg room for my wife, its doing great. I have the baby seat in the back and the stroller in the trunk. I went to the mall a few weeks ago for the first time in years (Im usually anti-mall since Im against anything that involves tons of people). Since I JUST figured out how to host pictures on this new computer I have, I will be posting more pictures soon showing the trunk with the stroller and the rear with the baby seat installed. Im pretty happy about this. Im so happy that I have no desire and/or need to get a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesy minivan. No need to compromise my vehicular beliefs as of yet. Granted this is not the ideal car to be doing this in, but its working out for the moment. The ride quality definitely isnt ideal for a little baby even though she sleeps through pretty much anything. In the future, I see an E39 ///M5.

    Thats my cat Pancho taking a little power nap on my warm hood. Not bad for a baby hauler huh?? Looks kinda cool. Im going to try and be the "cool" dad haha.
    Remember how you didn't know shit about being a Dad and can't believe how much your life has already changed? Don't knock the minivan, you'll soon learn what managing a toddler is all about. Get back to me the first time your wife comes out of the store with a 16 month old kicking and screaming while trying to push a cart of groceries and then load everything and your daughter into a tiny little E30 with a car parked next to yours.

    Our Sienna with power sliders and power tailgate is worth it's weight in Blunt Cum(tm). Not to mention we can actually take other people with us when we want to go somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Motorsports
    replied
    Nice to see that your not getting rid of it for a minivan JUST because of a newborn. When i was growing up my dad had a nicely modded E21. Me and my brother and sister fit just fine in the back seat of that.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    m5 wagon!
    but rocking the eta is cool! I always wondered why moms drive around in their suburbans w/20" wheels with 1 maybe 2 kids in it. I hate that look. and as motorcycle rider i hate it even more. (See that thing on the side of the steering wheel? that's called a blinker. USE IT!).
    Last edited by T Verdier; 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_fiend
    ^^^^^^
    Dude!! I told the Mrs that I'm getting one of those for the first baby and long story short, she's not havin it.
    No offense, but your Mrs. needs to get a damn clue. Recaro makes THE safest baby seats on the market.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by rbartongrimley
    That's not to bad, I had to grow up with a Vanegon with a flat six in it. My dads a crazy euro who felt he had to have somthing unique when we moved to the states I guess.
    Woohoo, me too. Flat six Vanagon syncro with a 5 speed manual in it. It could do 60 mph on a good day with a tail wind.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • rbartongrimley
    replied
    Originally posted by Fidhle007
    If only my parents had been so hip! I had to deal with a modded Volvo...
    That's not to bad, I had to grow up with a Vanegon with a flat six in it. My dads a crazy euro who felt he had to have somthing unique when we moved to the states I guess.

    IMO you sould import an e30 wagon for the kid carrying purposes!

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    cool to see your using the "eta"

    when Emily was born i sold her E30vert and bought her our first E30 touring as the family car-- worked out just fine-- till i stole it and started modding it and gave the wife a 4door 316 to drive!!! hahha

    I think I will never forget when my daughter and wife were in the car and the header flange cracked. I had to drive a good 30 miles still home- had all kinds of towels stuffed by the daughters ears. terrible e30s!

    Leave a comment:

Working...