Don't worry, it's just a little freezing rain...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fidhle007
    replied
    I'm sure there's some underhood shots of the Daimler around somewhere. Luke, if you're interested I could try and find them for you. The build isn't going to be cheap to make it a Pebble Beach car but it could be a decent looker for about $30k or so...

    Mariano, the easiest answer to that is "Take the IX" but really, if you can warm up the car for a few minutes you chip most of it off.

    And your welcome dashboardmonkey!

    I added some photos and a vid from today to the original post. It's shaping up to be a pretty brutal winter!

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    Thanks for the info on the music Fidhle

    Leave a comment:


  • noE30
    replied
    damn sounds like a crazy storm. I'm glad all we got here was a bunch of snow.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Hey. I always wondered this about you guys with that kind of weather. How do you take all that shit off your car if you need to go somewhere?



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • e30edward
    replied
    Wow!
    I'm glad a don't have to worry about it being
    that cold out here.

    Car looks good, very clean.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fidhle007
    I was honestly starting to lose it!

    More pics of the daimler here:
    http://avarestoration.com/cars_for_sale.htm
    No underhood shots?

    That car could be so sweet...wish I had the cash. I bet the rebuild would be a bazillion dollars!

    Leave a comment:


  • Motorsports
    replied
    Always liked your E30. Too bad for the snow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Damn...nasty storm.

    What the hell did you do for 10 days without R3V?

    Oh yeah, pics of the Daimler too, please.

    Luke
    I was honestly starting to lose it!

    More pics of the daimler here:

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    Awesome pics.

    I like how you kept with the alpine color scheme with both cars. I hope that Ice storm doesnt make its way down here.

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    we got 18" of snow yesterday and we're due to double that today
    keep your pantry stocked

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Damn...nasty storm.

    What the hell did you do for 10 days without R3V?

    Oh yeah, pics of the Daimler too, please.

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    looks like a jag from the 60's...don't remember the model but it was on the last episode of top gear.
    Close, it's a Daimler from the days when there was both Daimler-Benz AND Daimler-Jag. Based on a Mk II it has a proprietary Daimler V8 and a (supposedly) higher trim level, making it a little more exotic in it's day. Kinda like a Taurus SHO I guess... ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    reminds me of one we had a couple of years ago . . .
    That is a great picture!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by kid325e
    Ugly wing.
    At least it's not brown...

    But when it comes down to it, I wish you wouldn't talk shit about my car on the internet. Here, see what this guy has to say, he has it right:
    Originally posted by kid325e
    i wish you would talk shit like this to my face. you sir, are an internet thug, a chump in real life.So keep your mouth shut unless you want a real life confrontation. true story dude.
    Oh snap...

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Music is New Ice Age by Diving Reflex, it just seemed appropriate. The car next to mine is a '50s Daimler SP-250 which is for sale BTW, it needs a resto but it does drive. We'd let it go for about $4k I think.

    My car is not staying there for the winter, I just left it at work because my driveway has a lot of trees nearby and I didn't want it getting fucked up. That said, we got 18" of snow yesterday and we're due to double that today so I don't think I'll be able to bring the swap car home quite yet. My new brakes from Lee should be showing up any day now, so that will be something I can do while it's at the shop though. I intend to drive it a bit this winter if we get some clear days but for now my IX has four studded snow tires so I'm having plenty of fun with that, despite the lack of horsepower.

    Leave a comment:

Working...