Don't worry, it's just a little freezing rain...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nick_t
    replied
    I'm jealous that it actually snows there in winter instead of 35* and raining. South Jersey sucks, lol. Although we did get similar weather like 2 years ago, besides being dangerous to drive in, the ice looked really cool incasing everything

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyduktape
    although having no power after that terrible storm sucked, i've never done so much fun/creative stuff. granted it consisted of a lot of intoxication, but when a factor like power gets taken out of your life, it forces you to make an alternative, and those alternatives can be so much fun sometimes. cough, apples to apples, cough. and that snow storm after the ice storm was amazing, too bad its all melted now. haha.
    Yeah, beer sales and reports of domestic abuse went WAY up during the ice storm.

    Leave a comment:


  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Id be fucked if I had to drive in that! I have no clue how to drive in ice and snow...
    Its going to be 71 degrees here tomorrow. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Rustyduktape
    replied
    although having no power after that terrible storm sucked, i've never done so much fun/creative stuff. granted it consisted of a lot of intoxication, but when a factor like power gets taken out of your life, it forces you to make an alternative, and those alternatives can be so much fun sometimes. cough, apples to apples, cough. and that snow storm after the ice storm was amazing, too bad its all melted now. haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Thanks Jason! I love the avatar...

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    I just seen it was your birthday.

    Happy birthday Brendan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Yeah - but I dont have a front plate - just the rubber "BMW" filler.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    Hella 500s?

    I have a set that has been languishing on a shelf in my garage for a while. Thinking about putting them on the e34 for the Winter. But the problem is how to do it without cutting/drilling the bumper . . .
    You need to find or make something like this, http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...7&postcount=15

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Hella 500s?

    I have a set that has been languishing on a shelf in my garage for a while. Thinking about putting them on the e34 for the Winter. But the problem is how to do it without cutting/drilling the bumper . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by FLUTE007
    im in, when is the first race? lights look sick.
    They haven't posted dates yet, I won't expect anything until after the new year.

    Leave a comment:


  • FLUTE007
    replied
    Originally posted by Fidhle007
    Everyone in the North East NEEDS to come up to NH for the BMWCCA Ice Races this winter, I went to one of the last ones of the season last year with my swap car (pre swap though) and had a blast! This year I'm in it to win though... :-D

    im in, when is the first race? lights look sick.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Everyone in the North East NEEDS to come up to NH for the BMWCCA Ice Races this winter, I went to one of the last ones of the season last year with my swap car (pre swap though) and had a blast! This year I'm in it to win though... :-D

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    Great pictures, power outages suck. Drove back to NJ sunday from VT. My ix loves the winter. Every open parking lot I found I took her for a spin, reliving my youth at 40 is priceless.

    Love the hellas upfront, just picked up an amber set, installing Wednesday.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    Originally posted by ethirdy
    Splendid - you have my order. How cheap are the foggies themselves? Did you just wire them to the existing fogs, or run separate wiring?
    Lights were about $75 for the set, the ones I bought were driving lights but both white and yellow fogs were also available for the same price. Truth be told, I only bought them on saturday and the cold weather has killed my motivation to wire them in but when I get to it (hopefully this week, we had power for two hours today so things are looking up) I plan on using a double throw switch: one side would link them to the high beams (driving lights are on they're own relay) and the other side would be linked to a constant hot for use either with the lows or when as spotlights when the car is off.

    I'm also thinking about making the bracket with four mounting points, either two on top and two below or four across the top. I'd love to have both fogs and drivers available when I needed them! I guess I'm paranoid but a lengthy fight with my insurance company after a small deer incident this fall (they tried to tell me the car was worth $1500...) is an experience I'd like to never repeat again.

    Leave a comment:


  • skota
    replied
    that sucks man, looks kinda like here. I bet the ix is fun though. :D

    Leave a comment:

Working...