No announcement yet.

new e30 projects - 56k exploder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like fun. I need to pick up a project car or 2 I think. And yes, all non-eta autos are supposed to have 4.10 rear ends.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

good luck, u gonna need it.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
        Looks like fun. I need to pick up a project car or 2 I think. And yes, all non-eta autos are supposed to have 4.10 rear ends.
        nope. I looked at the '87 and it clearly said s3.73. All '88 325is cars after 6/88 had 4.10 so i'm betting mine with a production date of 2/88 has a s3.73.

Anyway, i'm going to get started tearing down the '87 first to get it resprayed and ready for the 5 speed and my 2.7i i've yet to build. I'm trying to talk my dad into getting that S38 that popped up on craigslist for the '88 but restoring even one of these cars is going to way expensive as it is. Some want-to-be audiophile moron cut sheet metal to enlarge the '88s ski pass-through to undoubtably make his subwoofers sound better... I hope I don't run into shit like that everywhere on these cars. There is nothing worse than cutting the body of a car to make a stupid sound system fit. :hitler: Seriously.

Off topic: Can you buy new wiring harnesses?
        My Feedback

Comment

resuming...

well, the project is back on couse i guess. The original plan of fixing both cars isn't going to work and i've gotten tired of my dad being unable to make up his mind about either selling both, fixing both, or selling one and letting the other one sit for another year...

Instead of waiting for him decide, i've decided that i have enough parts to build at least one nice e30. So, i'm going to start stripping the '88 and use its parts to rebuild the '87 (since the '88 body is worse). Currently getting the '87 ready for paint, will get some pics up this week. Stay tuned.
          My Feedback

Comment

nice to hear progress is being made, good luck
            BMW Headlights ::

Comment

sorry, can somebody move this to the "projects" forum. Thanks.
              My Feedback

Comment

did you steal my key? mine is broken just like it lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X