Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

taking jude to chuckanut drive (bellingham, wa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking jude to chuckanut drive (bellingham, wa)

well if you havent been keepin track on me ... ive been struggling with my e30. i have been bouncing around with problems mechanically, legally, and just plain old physical frustration.

all in all ... this hell accumilated and the curse was lifted this weekend. i took a long drive up to bellingham, wa to hang with some old friends and meet new friends.

it was a 2 hr drive north just to meet up, a true challenge and testiment to the fortitude of the car and my handy work.

all in all it was a success, driving a total of 318 miles that day. the only problem i had with the car was in the last 10 miles getting to my home. the top radiator hose sprung a leak. i jimmy rigged it, put more coolant in and drove home very slowely and carefully. thankfully it was very close to home.

the trip down chuckanut drive was amazing, a real challenge to myself and the car. With the help of the newly installed MASON Engineering rear strut system, brand new set of rotors and pad, and brand new falken tires, i had no problems with the cornering. it was simply amazing!

with this official crisining of the car, i came up with a name. her name is jude, it came from the last song that played on my ipod as i got home. it was a good song to wrap up the long trip and thr fun i had with her.

more to come with more pics ... and maybe video

enough talking ... now pics

all credit goes to SMG aka Dustin of nwtuner.com and nissanpacific.com.

check out

NWtuner.com

nissanpacific.com

awesome pics! i love the shoes bro

Check out my stuff for salehttp://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post1600997
    anything you need I can find just shoot a PM

Comment

I only found your car to be interesting to me.
      M Coupe

Comment

my car was sooooooo dirty ... i have not washed her since owning her which has been over a year! ....

ill take pics of interior completely back in ...

more pics i came across ..

pic credit goes to terrell of NWtuner.com

100mph fly by ??? ..... HELL NO .. LOL .. action shots tho

but the show stealer in my opinion ..... the gto judge!!!! .... i was behind it in the touge (chuckanut drive) portion of the cruise ... it was crazy fast and took the corners like a champ ...

Last edited by drivnvordaedge; 01-19-2009, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I know why your car keeps breaking...you never wash it! Your car is mad at you! Regardless, nice pics and cool meet.

Comment

ahh, chuckanut drive.. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more accidents on that road. or maybe they just never talk about them..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is that chubby little kid who I think I see in the first pic. Did mike ride w/ or is the Jetta alive again? By the way, that was me when steve had you on speeker phone.

Pics look awesome. Definitely like the BBS's on that car, it pulls them off nicely with the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                ahh, chuckanut drive.. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more accidents on that road. or maybe they just never talk about them..
                You need to be VERY VERY careful this time of year with rock slides and ice on the road...
                :: PNW Crew ::
                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by drivnvordaedge View Post
                  my car was sooooooo dirty ... i have not washed her since owning her which has been over a year! ....
                  Wtf, why?

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                    You need to be VERY VERY careful this time of year with rock slides and ice on the road...
                    yeah I almost went down there the other day for a slow cruise but then I figured there'd probably be rocks/mud on the road. no thanks..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
                      Is that chubby little kid who I think I see in the first pic. Did mike ride w/ or is the Jetta alive again? By the way, that was me when steve had you on speeker phone.

Pics look awesome. Definitely like the BBS's on that car, it pulls them off nicely with the drop.
                      LOL .. yeah that is mike ... and hell no!! his jetta was at my house .. it most definitly wouldnt have made it to bellingham. mike helped me the morning of the meet ... right after i got off from work, he helped me install new rotors and pads, the rear strut system and put the interior back in. we finished at 4 am the morning of the meet.

yeah mike helped me out alot ... a good tech, a good helping hand, second set of eyes and some support ..... now he wants an e30 .. LOL

haha yeah ... i thought that was you ... how was dinner? ...

i got the car running wayyyy better than waht it was when i called u ... found some more vaccuum leaks and messed around with stuff ..

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                      it was my first time on that road .. and it was a trip ... a bit of a challenge for any experienced driver ... let alone a first timer like me

i was surprised at how narrow the roads got, how many cars were on the side of the road,how many bicycleists were on the road at the time ... and i am surprised how fast i was going ...

Originally posted by OOMPH! View Post
                      Wtf, why?
                      it hasnt been washed because ive been tryin to get her running and putting the interior back together. i bought the car with a motor that was running 70psi on each cylinder (compression tested it) and had the ugly tan ... not to mention wet interior ....

so the car has come a longggg way

im uploading my pics now ... some awesome shots on the road ..

more pics!

the judge taking the road with stride!

waht a bad ass car!

Last edited by drivnvordaedge; 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

ahh good ol chuckanut. i get alot of use out of that road between the red car and my r6... looks like fun!
                        sigpic

Comment

The GTO is awesome, minus the over sized TTII's.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

the money shot ...

pics by me

Comment

Nice. Only time I've been in that area was to play rugby against the Chuckanut team up there. All I remember was the ground is hard as shit and lumpy.

Nice pictures though.

Comment

Working...
                              X