Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the EastCoast, Canada

Hey folks,

I've been trolling the site these last few weeks, very good site with lot's of info.

I bought a 89/90 e30 325i and must say i'm liking it a lot. RWD + LSD=FUN

It's my daily driver. So far mods include lowered 2" w/ bilstein struts & shocks, Eibach springs, turner performance chip, Yonaka leather race seats, m-tech steering wheel.

I juts picked up a "is" lip/spoiler, ebay fog lights and set of 15" Euro weaves and brand new Milanza HZ-1 tires for the summer.
    Since the car has spent it's 20 year life up here in the salt and snow i have a few holes to patch up for i get water in the trunk and the back seat.

picture.

What i was driving-Total custom front Toyota axle & 3-link suspension system...crazy flex for rock crawling. It took over three months to build.

My new ride-

Oh, also just sold a 92- honda HB with a built Integra b18b motor sucker would pull hard. But i'm a little old, had every kid in the city wanting to race...

Last edited by vonfrost; 03-16-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: UPDATED PIX

Hello and welcome.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Nice, euroweaves are always hot.

Also, I don't think trolling means what you think it does...
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

Also, I don't think trolling means what you think it does...
        ok, not trolling.....Been looking around and reading some posts for the last few weeks.
        Last edited by vonfrost; 02-28-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

V-TEC FTW

nice e30 though red is the best color on an e30:p

Comment

nice start and welcome, glad you saw the light RWD > FWD

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

nice truck... more pics of it?
              *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by TurkE30 View Post
                V-TEC FTW
                lol, mine was a non-v-tec, all motor. But yeah after a couple of months of driving the civic and me a 40 year old i said that's enough of this crap....however i wanted something kind of cool, i'm not that old.

I have never been a big fan of the newer looks of BMWs for they pretty much look like every other new car on the road, plus all i hear about them is the trouble and the cost to fix them. However i always liked the "classic" look of the e30s and after taking one for a test drive i was hooked.

MORE PIX of my custom built rock crawler. It was a 1990 Nissan D21, i (we) cut the IFS off it and built a custom 1984 Toyota axle and custom 3-link suspention system, 5" lift...ton's fab work done. This beast could climb and get over some crazy rocks. I miss her and the sport a lot.

I just finished bobbing the bed, took 15" out of the rear.

In action

getting lined up-

going for it-

poser shot-
                Last edited by vonfrost; 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Welcome to r3v, a lot of canadians on here now.
                  The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

Welcome. Nice E30, got any more pics of it? What part of the east coast?
                    sigpic

Comment

took your rock crawler diesel or normal gasoline?
                      *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
                        took your rock crawler diesel or normal gasoline?
                        It was a v6 Gasoline.

What part of the east coast?
                        I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. on my street i see two other e30s driving around, a red IX and a 318.

I have to do the timing belt on mine soon, who knows when it was last done? over 300,000Ks on my car.

What i really like about these cars, besides the RWD is that you don't need to do much to make them look good. Just lower them a couple of inches and drive 'em....

I'll get more pix posted when i do some work to it...maybe in the spring.

Comment

Yaa Halifax! ha not many of us. glad to see all the parts from my parts car going to use. and I never knew you had that truck that thing is sick.
                          we need to get some pics together this summer for sure.

Jeremy
                          91 e30 318is M50 SOLD
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=149570
                          92 325 vert project
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341370

Comment

Hey Jeremy,

the car is coming along, i need the warm dry weather to get more work done. Sucks not owning a garage...part of the reason i sold the truck and got out of the rock crawling sport.

Check it out, don't mind all the banging & smashing...just the high lift and tools in the box. This is me on a brutal local trail called "THE CURSE" man! i miss getting out there in my truck :(

Comment

ya that looks really fun. i might have to do the same for a lip. i need something before my car comes back out it cant be seen with no lip. not sure if ill go with the is lip again tho...
                              91 e30 318is M50 SOLD
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=149570
                              92 325 vert project
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341370

Comment

Working...
                              X