Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark89
    replied
    Now that I’m thinking, the lip might actually be wider then 3 inches. The lip is considered where the lip starts(barrel ends) all the way to the inner flange? Even when it steps up, does that make sense?
    Last edited by Mark89; 04-03-2020, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    Sorry guys, I’m a dumb ass. I’m learning as I go along.

thats why it says noobie under my username.

This is my first car that I’m modifying so I don’t shit about wheels and wheels sizes. So I measured the rear wheels and they are 16x10 with I believe a 3 in lip. I’ll take a pic tomorrow.

as long as I roll the fenders I shouldn’t have any rubbing?

Leave a comment:

• 325isman
    replied
    Nice looking car.....congrats

Leave a comment:

• Mike36
    replied
    Definitely not 9s in the rear. He mentioned they were 10s in a previous post. Those are at least 4" lips.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

That must be trick photography because those rears look much bigger than 16x9. The lip on the rear wheels alone looks as wide as my lips and barrels combined. Break out a tape measure and show us! :-)

The 50/50 finish on those wheels is georgeous by the way. I'm assumin EWW?
    Exactly what I thought!

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark89 View Post

They’re 16x9. Others have run 16x9 in the rear without fender work. Maybe they look bigger in the picture.

I sure hope I don’t run into that issue.
    That must be trick photography because those rears look much bigger than 16x9. The lip on the rear wheels alone looks as wide as my lips and barrels combined. Break out a tape measure and show us! :-)

The 50/50 finish on those wheels is georgeous by the way. I'm assumin EWW?

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark89 View Post

They’re 16x9. Others have run 16x9 in the rear without fender work. Maybe they look bigger in the picture.

Wow maybe its just the pic but the look bigger then 16x9

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    What size are those rears? They look huge, I am assuming you are going to need some major fender work to get those in.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    What size are those rears? They look huge, I am assuming you are going to need some major fender work to get those in.

Leave a comment:

• e30vert
    replied
    Those RS'es are going to look amazing on this vert! Thats some serious lip on the rear rims.
    What are your plans for suspension? Clear the sides of the garage as you are not going to want anything to potentially come into contact with the vehicle. Oh and when backing out never prop open a door to look backward in that single car garage.

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    Just checking in, I received my wheels but now I need to get tires. I hope to install new stereo this month. bought morel components for the front and morel 2way for rear. Blaupunkt head unit, along with a 400 watt amp. After stereo installation, going to work on suspension. then put the wheels on.

Just gave her a bath today.

Last edited by Mark89; 04-04-2020, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    Looks good man. Enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• Conrad311
    replied
    Sweet vert! I had an 87 on bbs a couple years ago. I lived in Berkshire county (west edge of MA) and the vert was definitely a 3 season car, I loved it! The si board is not a hard fix if your handy.

as for the heat- heater core could be bypassed, or the heater box controls could be screwed up. I’d check the hoses first, see if the inlet and outlet hose on the firewall are both hot. I think the hose off the rear of the head is the inlet to the core. (Others correct me if I’m wrong I’m not near my car)

If on is one isn’t, the core could be plugged. If both are hot, look at the heater control levers/ cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Conrad311; 11-15-2019, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rmdashrf
    replied
    That's a great lookin 'vert! Just perfect! I would have done the same, temp be damned! Put on a jacket and hat and head out! Congrats! SI mean service interval. Lots of DIYs and companies willing to sell you corrected parts out there, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    It wasn't top down weather, it was like 40 degrees. But I had to try it out.
    DC5E6ADB-68CF-4B5D-9BDD-9EF752C72C48 by Mark Lucovic, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X