• Show
Clear All

I like chrome kidneys, and a pass on the yellow high beams
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

yep, skip the yellow, keep em chrome, but I do like the smoked clear turn signals. I might have a set of us hella ellipsoids up for sale cheap, soon. a little pitted but still pretty good. I'll pm you when i dig them out
      "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
      Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
        yep, skip the yellow, keep em chrome, but I do like the smoked clear turn signals. I might have a set of us hella ellipsoids up for sale cheap, soon. a little pitted but still pretty good. I'll pm you when i dig them out
        Yeah, ping me when you have a chance. I was thinking about getting the Depo ones since I cannot find a decently priced Hella brand but I'll wait a bit and check out the classified on here before jumping the gun.

Comment

I decided to go with Depo Smileys. I got them installed along with the cleared turn signals. It took a bit to get the headlights pointed in a way that I can see and do not blind any cars. It is probably still a little low, but with the new H1 bulbs I can see as good as my M3 or my wife's X3 so I am ok with it as is for now.

I think they look great, but I may replace the clear lens in front with the white kind on Turner to match the reflectors on the sides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200118_235551.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	9900025

Comment

Looks great! Hope you're enjoying the car!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

that looks great- very tidy! are the front lenses installed? or are they actually clear as in invisible?

my bad for never getting back to you on the lights, when I dug them out the adjuster sockets were all broken and the adjusters frozen. They are still soaking in Kroil and the sockets are lost on my desk some where. lol
              "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
              Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Looks very clean, where did you get the clear front and side markers?

Comment

Wow that thing is super clean congrats !!! It's amazing how well the platform handles right ? The first e30 I drove was the one I own now and I couldn't believe how much a 30 year old car handles and drives like a newer car
                  PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post
                    you can get them on ebay.
                    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post
                      They are both Depo. I got the fronts at ECS and the side markers on eBay cause I couldn't find them anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
                        that looks great- very tidy! are the front lenses installed? or are they actually clear as in invisible?

my bad for never getting back to you on the lights, when I dug them out the adjuster sockets were all broken and the adjusters frozen. They are still soaking in Kroil and the sockets are lost on my desk some where. lol
                        No problem man. The depos worked out great so I'm satisfied. The fronts are invisible and I want to swap them for the white ones but I'm having trouble finding some.

I saw these on turner, but I don't think it fits my car even though it says on their website. It looks too small width-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpolito3355 View Post
                          Wow that thing is super clean congrats !!! It's amazing how well the platform handles right ? The first e30 I drove was the one I own now and I couldn't believe how much a 30 year old car handles and drives like a newer car
                          Yeah, It is a super fun car. I am having a blast daily driving it to work.

I think it would be a lot more fun if the steering was a better ratio. Right now I'm getting 4 turns lock to lock and I would like it to be closer to my E93 M3 which is about 2 turns lock to lock. I heard I can do a Z3 rack swap but looking at the videos on youtube makes it seem pretty difficult. I do all the work myself (so far) on the car, but I think it's out of my ability.

Does anyone know a shop in socal that can do it?

Comment

Originally posted by jaimerod View Post

I think it would be a lot more fun if the steering was a better ratio. Right now I'm getting 4 turns lock to lock and I would like it to be closer to my E93 M3 which is about 2 turns lock to lock. I heard I can do a Z3 rack swap but looking at the videos on youtube makes it seem pretty difficult. I do all the work myself (so far) on the car, but I think it's out of my ability.
                            yeah you know I'm assuming you have a airbag car based on the year and year makes it harder I want to do the swap also I just dont want it to ruin the driving expeance but people swear by it sooo.....
                            PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

I did a couple of quarantine upgrades. Nothing spectacular but I added the Fire extinguisher bracket from the group buy and a new shift and e-brake boot.

I know it's probably not too popular to deviate from stock around here, but I think it looks pretty good. I am also in the market for a full AC Schnitzer kit and a good place in So Cal to get it done at a reasonable cost. Anyone know of a good shop and about how much it would cost for install and paint match?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jaimerod, nice work! Got a recommendation or two...

How about some new wheels? These are ARC-8s 17"x8" on my 91 325i with H&Rs and Bilsteins. Tires are just a tad too big 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Would recommend 205/40s but I couldn't get the Mich's in that size at the time.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161128_145437v2.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	9915884
                                91 325i kaschmirbeige-metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X