Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in to the void: The free RX-7 TII project (2nd time's the charm?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in to the void: The free RX-7 TII project (2nd time's the charm?)

I know it's not an E30 but mine is peeking in the pictures. Every car enthusiast has a first love, mine is FC Mazda RX-7's. Today I got one that got away back, a little worse for wear. After 11 years apart and one red twin-turbo sized mistake I've been reunited with FC3S #4, my '88 RX-7 TII, for free no less. (YES THE ENGINE IS GOOD) We have a LOT of work to do . . .
    (also I'm drunk if this needs to be moved, go ahead)Click image for larger version  Name:	72270004_2673813255995411_7190579224137170944_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.9 KB ID:	9885825
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AwakenNoMore; 11-17-2019, 04:12 AM.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Sweet Prius.

But really, the FC is a good car with a lot of design issues, all of which can be worked out provided you want to spend. Good haul for free.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Sweet Prius.

But really, the FC is a good car with a lot of design issues, all of which can be worked out provided you want to spend. Good haul for free.
      Yep went through 3 of these before this one (and one FD after), should be like riding a bike getting back in to it. It's going to be a pretty OEM+ weapon when I'm done.
      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

nice. i always liked fc/fd chassis, but old men think their fc's are worth fd prices around here for some reason.
        89 325i 4dr s52
        02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
        21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
          nice. i always liked fc/fd chassis, but old men think their fc's are worth fd prices around here for some reason.
          hahaha THIS !!! ^^^^

i've had about 20 rx7's now. mostly sa/fb's. a few fc's and 2 fd's. currently just 1 - my OG '85 GS with now a honda S2000 F20c in it :)
          after 3 rotary engines i felt it was time for something new. stock 12a, half bridge carb 13b, pineapple racing semi pport 13b... which was just stupid, shook the whole car and wanted to be WOT or idling, otherwise it would just jerk you around. too "pure racecar" for me to drive on the street. picked up a totalled s2k for $1k i pulled everythign from

enjoy you're TII ! first gens have been on the rise and those crazy old men prices might be realistic in a few more years... sigh, get ready for the "i told ya'll so" -_____-

OP, did you get compression numbers?

Comment

Wow, what a find! Subscribed

Comment

Working...
            X