No announcement yet.

1988 Alpine White 325iS Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez so much has happened, not just the car but life changes. I moved.. Somehow managed to take all the cars with me and best of all, finally have all my damn parts organized in bins. Honestly can't believe that one, I can actually find sh*t now!!

I visited the original owners house of the 325iS and dropped off a bottle of Hennessy, he was super excited to see the progress I've been making with the car and to see her back on the road again. Also visited my S50 swap coupe (if anyone remembers that build) which seems to be doing great. You can see the kid who bought it in the driver seat, he's super happy with that car. If your a real OG of my threads you'll recognize that white coupe in his driveway, that the first e30 I ever owned. So he's bought two e30's off me haha.

All in all I'm happy with the decision I made selling that S50 coupe and keeping this 325iS.

New things to the 325iS though..

-IE Front Sway Bar Reinforcements (not taking any chances with ripped off sway bar tabs)

-Installed a new OE spider hose or whatever it's call.
    They're pricey!! I wanted a OE hose (rather then a URO)

-New power steering hoses

The last thing I want to do at this point is the rear subframe bushings/ subframe. It's bent. I thought when I first got the car running new front control arms and stuff would do the trick.. Turned out the right rear trailing arm is bent. Disappointing but that's the chance you take buying a car you can't test drive.

I bought a whole "new" rear subframe though, plan to drop it off at the powdercoaters in the next few weeks. Hope everyone on R3v is doing well in these crazy times, I lost my job at the BMW dealership as a mechanic.

Last edited by KIRIEIW; 02-09-2021, 05:30 PM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Wow! Nice work. I've just acquired a 318iT, which is in the shop now getting refreshed. I'm curious to ask your advice about suspension: you said that you've had Bilsteins on E30s in the past, and you prefer the ride on the Konis--can you elaborate on that?

I'm also under the impression, given what I've been reading, that when you lower your car on aftermarket suspension, that you need to compensate for that elsewhere in the car--for example, with "raised" rear subframe bushings. Can you speak to this?

Thank you! And I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your job due to Covid. I hope you manage to figure something else out, or, at the very least, enjoy the unexpected break in employment.

Comment

Still putting in work to this thing! I bought a complete rear subframe on CL for the 325iS.. The initial plan was replace the bushings on the new extra subframe, remove the original bent subframe from the car, and toss this new subframe back into the car.. Not even close to how this went down.

I had the whole damn thing re powdercoated, ordered brand new FAG wheel bearings, Lemforder bushings, ATE brake lines.. Brand new brake dust shields from the BMW dealership.. ALL brand new plastic clips from the BMW dealership.. yup.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

this is real good. loving the work you have done to this and i am in for more!!

personally i love the DB bumpers

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Working...
          X