some updated pics of my ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some updated pics of my ride.

hey guys, it's been a while. here's some updated pics of the car. (i finally got a digi cam)

enjoy.

Looks nice, i love the way you did the engine bay!!

What kind of E30 do you have (guessing an Eta) and what kind of front valence/air dam is that?

BTW Nice background!

Comment

actually it's not an eta.

its the euro 323i. running the 260 getrag and 3.73 LSD rearend. the chassis is an 84 318i with original paint. I love the comments i get on the front end, as it's very unique to have in north america. it is a racing dynamics valence. i got it from the 323i i stripped for parts. It was cracked in half when i started, but it turned out all right. I just cross stitched the crack after grinding down the area (it's abs plastic), and bondo'd the front so that it is invisible. i also pop riveted metal plates to hold the stitching together. it looks good and can't tell. the only problem is that i painted it with a spray can :oops:

thanks for the comment on the motor. it was a bitch to hand paint the cover and the intake manifold.

the car itself is still a work in progress (probably always will be).

as far as the backdrop goes, it's at my work.

Comment

nice car... what color is that?

Comment

its saphire blau metallic.

Comment

that looks bad ass, sort of like a sportier version of the mtechnic valence. How rare are those? maybe you should look into making replicas $$$.
            ________
            Latnspice
            Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:17 PM.
            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i would, but i only really know how to lay down fibreglass. (hence the canopies)

if i knew how to get ahold of some abs plastic material that could be heated up using basic tools, then i could make a mold, and maybe even produce some. i could also just make the mold out of fibreglass, but i would still need a vacuum press for the abs...

to much $$$.

btw: i think they are pretty rare, as i have yet to see another member on any e30 site with one. i know for a fact that they are discontinued...

Comment

Racing dynamics apparently still has them. They sell them on the website and contact via e-mail confirmed the production.

Maybe i was misinformed..
                Nick

87 325 5MT
                02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Re: some updated pics of my ride.

Originally posted by BimmerRacer

Damn, I thought your car was force-fed for a minute with all those vacuum lines he he. What does your car feel like compared to an eta, 318iS and a 325i ??

Your car has potential...any plans for the future?

Comment

well, first off, this motor loves to rev. It does not have a factory rev limiter, and i have seen the tach needle bounce a few times, without any valve float. I don't rev it often though. Im not really sure where i stand as far as what e30 is the fastest, but i do know that the 318i is the lightest chassis, match that with the 6 cyl (running no cat), and it really moves. my 0-60 mph is averaged at 7.5 seconds (the fastest run was 7.1 using an analog stop watch that cost more than my damn car. my co-pilot did the times, so there was also added weight during the runs). this is taken from 5 runs, some faster some slower. i guess you could say it's very comparable to the 2.5i.

im not really into street racing, so i am quite happy the way the car is now. I of course would love to have the car inducted, but who the hell has that kind of money anyways.

Comment

I think overall the car is really cool and I dig it, I just think the engine is tacky.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                        I think overall the car is really cool and I dig it, I just think the engine is tacky.
                        toss the front license plate, take off that tape, paint, or whatever you have on your headlights and buy a euro grill, and then IMO, you'll be on your way...

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

There is a plastic bumpered 87 325 is around here with the full racing dynamics kit and azevs. That front looks so awesome, you should definatley get the rear to match. The car looks very cool, but I agree with tj on the engine.

Comment

looks good! very unique

Comment

Euro bumpers and Euro Ellipsoids! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X