Daily driver Dodge Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily driver Dodge Ram

This one is for 2mAn who wants both more activity and more trucks! Short background before the truck shows up though. I had my e30 with a sweet 2.9L M20. Things were going great.

Daily driving that and then somewhere I went wrong and decided to go back to school for a PhD. I got accepted to Montana State University and quickly realized I might need a vehicle with 4wd/awd. My worst life decision then led me to get a 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

Well the M20 in the e30 got a rod knock and I was out of money so it was parked to be rescued a couple years later from my parent's house with a 2.5L replacement. Now daily driving the Jeep before I moved out to Montana. As with some others here, I have a problem where I don't really like to drive stock vehicles. So I figured a quick 3" lift of the Jeep would be the perfect thing to do four days before driving it 2,200 miles from Maryland to Montana.

Turns out, crappy Jeeps are crappy. And putting a lift on with 17 year old other suspension parts is not a good idea. Things broke on the first drive and clearly despite all we tried to do, it had death wobble above 50 mph. Frantically putting new bushings and parts in to fix it and nothing helped. My dad, being the great guy he is, offered to let me use his truck to move to Montana. He would continue to fix the Jeep and when it was ready we would switch back... Spoiler alert: we never switched back. He did fix the Jeep probably 8 months later and then daily drove it for work for another 2 years or so. He sold that off and replaced it with another, newer truck.

So here it is. My 2004 Dodge Ram. While my dad owned it, he put on a K&N cold air kit and tape on fender flares to mainly cover up the rust bubbles. Not much more besides maintenance.
    I think he got it originally in October of 2013 and I took over in August of 2016.

Made it to Yellowstone and explored there a bit. Not bad living 1.5 hours away from it now.

Saw some mountains and did other Montana things with it.

Instagram: Reichart12

I'm subscribed for the photos. Seriously great photos of the truck!

Comment

Well, we're 2/2 on promised truck documentation. Truly, excellent photography.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Now we just need to see TeXJ 's truck on its 22s and maybe .... just maybe .... we'll get MrBurgundy to do an actual build on his Ranger...

Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
          I'm subscribed for the photos. Seriously great photos of the truck!
          Hell yeah! Hope I don't disappoint in the future.

R3v themed trucks nuts for the next site fundraiser?

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Now we just need to see TeXJ's truck on its 22s and maybe .... just maybe .... we'll get MrBurgundy to do an actual build on his Ranger...
          2021: year of the truck!

Comment

Now we just need to see TeXJ 's truck on its 22s and maybe .... just maybe .... we'll get MrBurgundy to do an actual build on his Ranger...
            I need to find a new hosting site. I could post it in the R3v facebook group lol

@texasxj_gmc <my instagram
            1,464 Followers, 7,535 Following, 267 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from DaBone (@texasxj_gmc)
            Last edited by TeXJ; 01-08-2021, 11:00 AM.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Thought I would take a post and make it about 2020 and really thought I had more truck photos. Only found 2 but I'm sure there might be a couple more tucked away on a memory card somewhere. First one is from a camping trip just outside of Yosemite. We had campsites booked inside the park but the week before the NPS canceled 2 of the 3 nights we had. Each night was a different location. Was never really sure if it was a Covid or wildfire based decision. Turns out a fire about 45 miles away did start this night and then filled the valley with smoke about lunch time the next day. Still got to climb Half Dome so that was sweet.

Anyways, the road down to this free site sucked big balls. Took about one hour to go 5 miles. I hate dirt bumpy roads. Maybe the truck life isn't for me. Whatevs.
              Pretty steep drop on the side as we were on a mountain going down. Campsite was nice though and right next to a river.

Eventually finished up my time in California and had to go back to Montana. Had the e30 shipped because I've never used a trailer before and figured the cost to ship wasn't that far off from me renting a trailer, spending more gas money, and stressing about it. Packed up all my possessions into the truck and cruised the 16 hours (over 2 days) back to Montana. You can see where some dingleberry rubbed against the truck. Had to street park it in Cali and their drivers suck. Little rub on the bumper and smacked the mirror and the glass is cracked. That's a project to fix it sometime in the spring or summer since I'm lazy. Of course, made it to cars and coffee in Belgrade, MT first weekend back.

Comment

When you are on bumpy dirt roads just accelerate, at some point the ride will smooth out. Besides, you wanted to replace your shocks anyway, right?

Comment

what kind of camera are you using???

These picks are great

Fine, I'll make one... lol 2mAn
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

When you are on bumpy dirt roads just accelerate, at some point the ride will smooth out. Besides, you wanted to replace your shocks anyway, right?
                    I need to find a picture of this "road". I was nervous I was going off the edge and down 500 ft to my death. Or that the steering would break, stranding me at the bottom.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

These picks are great

Ha yes more R3v-trucks.

Camera is currently a Nikon Z50 with a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8. Some older pictures would be with a Nikon D7100 and Nikkor 35mm or 85mm f/1.8.

Comment

I'm totally obsessed w my truck rn

maybe r3v will be a collection of hooptie trucks now..

is your truck a 4x?
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                        I need to find a picture of this "road". I was nervous I was going off the edge and down 500 ft to my death. Or that the steering would break, stranding me at the bottom.
                        Once upon a time I when I was younger, and angry about something unimportant I went miles down a FL fire road at 90ish in my old A2 GTI. Much to my chagrin nothing failed, and it was a fairly smooth ride.

Comment

R3vDaily driver trucks?

Truck yeahhhh!

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

These picks are great

I'll believe it when I see it!

A friend in the valley has a car wash and has an old Toyota FJ as a prop inside. He said he will give it to me for what he paid, which is about the same price as an old auto eta sedan. Its Rusty AF but Im super tempted to get it... luckily I have nowhere to stash it... still tempting

Reichart12 I absolutely love the pics, keep em coming!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm totally obsessed w my truck rn

maybe r3v will be a collection of hooptie trucks now..

is your truck a 4x?
                              Yeah it's 4wd. Back in 2019 something goofed up in the front diff and burnt up the oil (grease?) and locked up the diff. Had that fixed at a shop and has been good ever since. Still worry about it time to time though for no reason.

Once upon a time I when I was younger, and angry about something unimportant I went miles down a FL fire road at 90ish in my old A2 GTI. Much to my chagrin nothing failed, and it was a fairly smooth ride.
                              Good thing you didn't hit any gator-speedbumps.

I'll believe it when I see it!

A friend in the valley has a car wash and has an old Toyota FJ as a prop inside. He said he will give it to me for what he paid, which is about the same price as an old auto eta sedan. Its Rusty AF but Im super tempted to get it... luckily I have nowhere to stash it... still tempting

Reichart12 I absolutely love the pics, keep em coming!
                              You are getting close to your vehicle turnover time for the wagon and mr2...

Comment

Working...
                              X