No announcement yet.

Daily driver Dodge Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Top optimas aren't what they used to be.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Finally got the brakes changed on the truck. As you might be able to tell from one of the rears pads, they were overdo and making a bunch of noise. The fronts were probably replaced more recently and could have stayed on but I bought a kit so might as well put all corners on. New pads and rotors all around. Afterwards, I decided to clean up the truck and go take a few beauty shots. I did try to make a little video changing the brakes so maybe when I finally look at it, I might try to put a Youtube video together for it.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

You should take that beast off-roading
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          You should take that beast off-roading
          Uhhh I did. Can't you see all that mud and dirt in those photos??

Comment

Little video about the brake change. Did I do them to the dealership standard? Probably not. Have there been any problems in about 700 miles of driving? No. Job complete in my mind.

Replacing brake pads and rotors on my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 - YouTube

Comment

Nicely done. Send it!

I recently did the rear rotors and pads on my wife's 2013 Ford Escape. How could an 8 year old car possibly be so rusty? (Nevermind.)

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                Nicely done. Send it!

I recently did the rear rotors and pads on my wife's 2013 Ford Escape. How could an 8 year old car possibly be so rusty? (Nevermind.)
                I thought I could get another 3-5 years out of this truck before having enough money to buy something newer, but now I worry that it'll turn back into earth dust before then.

Comment

That thing isn't too rusty for an older Chrysler, compared to my truck it has not yet even begun to rust.

Anyway, clean those hub mating surfaces next time you do that job, otherwise, looks good, providing you lubed the sliding surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    That thing isn't too rusty for an older Chrysler, compared to my truck it has not yet even begun to rust.

Anyway, clean those hub mating surfaces next time you do that job, otherwise, looks good, providing you lubed the sliding surfaces.
                    Yeah I had a tiny wire brush I scrubbed the hubs with. Probably could have done a better job and a bigger brush would have been nice. Lubing the sliding surface was new to me so hopefully I got everything. Don't remember doing that years ago when I changed the ones on the e30 haha.

Comment

Ok kinda forgot about this and then I saw 2mAn bothering someone elsewhere about trucks being what r3v's about now so I figured it was a good time for an update.

Chronologically...

Went to the race track to watch some drag racing. Trucks are the best for this because I could sit and roast in the sun in the bed all day and be comfortable.

Next, half my exhaust fell off.

My parents visited and I was their tour guide through Yellowstone.

My heater hoses sprung a big leak so I changed that out in the parking lot. Last parking lot repair for me. I'm moving up in the world. Youtube video about that repair if you care. Don't forget to subscribe there.

Heater Hose Replacement On My 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 - YouTube

Defending my PhD, became a Dr (of Biochemistry), packed up my belongings and moved to Washington. Hit a gnarly storm in Idaho that I needed to tarp my stuff up for.

Moved into a nice house with a two car garage. I think the truck fits but its a tight squeeze and I haven't tried yet. The e30 sleeps inside.

The neighborhood has a wide range of interesting vehicles. Here is only a snippet.

And a celebratory cleaning job on the truck. Please recommend your favorite detailing items.

And if you made it this far, how about a final glamour shot of the truck in Montana along the Yellowstone River with the Crazies Mountain range in the background (with bonus train).

Comment

Where in Washington did you end up?

Also, being a Dodge Im guessing you just left the exhaust off so you can show off your HEMI power?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Where in Washington did you end up?

Also, being a Dodge Im guessing you just left the exhaust off so you can show off your HEMI power?
                          Richland/TriCities.

Luckily for me that section was post muffler so there was no noise change in losing it.

Comment

Speaking of mufflers, I just had my exhaust deleted with the little flapper thing. 2015 Sierra 6.2

sounds so much better
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Bringing that D(r), good on you!

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Speaking of mufflers, I just had my exhaust deleted with the little flapper thing. 2015 Sierra 6.2

sounds so much better
                                Like a cut out flap? I'll get mine fixed up eventually. Hopefully it passes WA emissions once I get around to doing that.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                Bringing that D(r), good on you!
                                Hah thanks man. School sucks. Glad I'm done with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X