Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first car, a rusty e30... bad idea!? (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Azev's.
    suggestion:
    go lower and the wheels will look 10x better

Comment

we call it rolling fenders haha what are other ways of sayin it? when your tires are streched you have a bit stiffer sidewall so its supposed to slide easier idk about responsive though... car looks goood! those are is skirts right?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
        I love Azev's.
        suggestion:
        go lower and the wheels will look 10x better
        Don't know if I want to go lower =P, tires are already touching the fender too often, I'll see once I get my fenders rolled.

Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
        we call it rolling fenders haha what are other ways of sayin it? when your tires are streched you have a bit stiffer sidewall so its supposed to slide easier idk about responsive though... car looks goood! those are is skirts right?
        Just forgot what it's called (english isn't my native language).
        Yea, heard about the stiffer sidewall as well.
        The sideskirts are touring skirts, don't see them often on coupés :)

I will be picking up some nice minty sportseats tomorrow.
        Gah it's been impossible to save money since I bought this car :???:

Comment

those skirts actually look really good i want em haha.. sport seats dont hold you very good for drifting :( unless if you fill them up completey i guess. i usually end up slaming my leg agianst door or tranny tunnel

Comment

those skirts actually look really good i want em haha.. sport seats dont hold you very good for drifting :( unless if you fill them up completey i guess. i usually end up slaming my leg agianst door or tranny tunnel
            Better than those I have now.
            I might get some racing seats when I start tinkering with the motor, but for now, sport seats will have to do.

Here's pic of them, looks like they are fresh and hopefully the padding is still strong.

Last edited by solxe; 05-09-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

have you done anytrack time yet?

Comment

have you done anytrack time yet?
                Nah not yet, the engine is bonestock m20b20 so not much to brag about :p

Comment

its probably enough to spin the tires. use some money you have now for a whole day of drifting and see what you would really like to improve on your car. ive seen people tear it up with ae85's(4ac engine pushrod carb'ed 4 pot liek 50whp) just with suspension and a lsd. even with no power you will have alot of fun and you could see which thigns you actually wanna change instead of guessing and get what other people say is good for drifting

Comment

you can get those wheels to kick out with 129hp , the car is light it has the torque , if my m10 can spin tires the for sure a m20b20 :D

Comment

Yea, I know. I'll take her out and give practice some when I feel better =P (sick right now).

And the chairs didn't happen, he called me and said that one chairs was light grey and not blue, so F that...

Maybe I'll jump on racing chairs at once instead :P, been looking on some OMP RSs, fit me like a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                        you can get those wheels to kick out with 129hp , the car is light it has the torque , if my m10 can spin tires the for sure a m20b20 :D
                        i can keep the rear out with a m42 on a full stock car ahah.

if you do get a racing seat a old FIA approved seat or a new one if you have the cash are the best way too go. so if you crash hard and arent running a cage w/o a back pad your seat wont snap.

Comment

So, been busy... found what was making that noise that I thought was the rear wheel bearing. It was actually the front right brake! It was somehow stuck on the caliper and there was an amount of brake all the time, heated up and started making noise.

So got them out, cleaned them, repaired, new pads and painted black.

Car rolls much better and smoother now.

Is it much work changing the rear drumbrakes to discs? What do you need to change?

Anyway...
                          Tried kicking it out and it seems I was holding back on the throttle before, I just need to rev it proper and it kicks out like a mofo :P.
                          I also need to adjust my steering since most of the time I have the steering wheel turned too much when I initiate the drift so the angle becomes too big at once...

I'll keep training, hopefully I'll be able to keep a drift going for a longer time soon, and I'll post some pics on the brakes when I get it cleaned! :)

Comment

yeah you just got to practice. you cant really go easy on your car cuz drifting just does beat up on your car. but its worth it. i dont even counter steer till i feel the car go sideways a little bit. idk how much work a disc conversion is though? if the trailing arms/master cylinder arent any different you would just need to mount some calipers off and other e30 and disc. bend some brake lines tada haha. at least thats how it is on corollas

Comment

that is one sick e30. from rags to riches

Comment

hay man ive just done the disk brake conversion youll need to buy rear traling arms that already have the disk brakes on them and everything should hook straight up eg.brake lines,half sharfts ect

Comment

Working...
                                X