Track Day Chronicles - My Progression from E30 to S50 Swapped E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that cage came out fantastic!
    You wouldn't know it was your first one based on the quality.
    Looked like a ton of fun with the fabrication (but maybe a little less so due to your tight timeline?)

I love those notch templates you used, going to try and keep that in the back of my mind if I need to notch tube in the future.

Dashboard delete panel looks clean as well, love a tidy racecar aesthetic!

Glad the trackdays went well, did you happen to take any video? Would love to see/hear that S50 scream at laguna.

Comment

Panici - thanks man! I appreciate that. Yes the tight deadline definitely had me a bit overwhelmed at times but it also provided laser focus motivation and I enjoy getting all-consumed in a project from time to time. I probably have over 80 hours into the cage alone but if I were to do it all over again now I could do it significantly faster. Lots of learning curve time in there. It’s definitely a very labor intensive process.

The notch templates are awesome, as soon as I discovered that that was a thing, it was game on. They really don’t take that long to cut and smooth out and the fitment is great.

as for video - yes, if you look towards the end of my last post, I posted links to videos to both of my laps at Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca
      Last edited by CubbyChowder; 12-04-2023, 10:01 AM.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
      --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Working...
      X