Project 318 g24v college budget :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiboujin
    replied
    30# injectors will drown your car. not sure if stock M50 DMEs will take it without terrible gas mileage.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    question.

    Could I run 30 lb/hr injectors on a stock m50? Does the rating mean that they're CAPABLE of pushing that much fuel or that they always flow that much? I bought a set during my initial buy and I'm curious if they're going to work or if I have to track down another set.. I have 5/6 of the stock green topped ones still attached to the harness right now..

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    How? Pepto-Bismol and Vodka?

    Luke, its funny you say that... down at school I defintitely made my friend take a 1/2 and 1/2 shot of rum and pepto with me one night - called it the 'pink panther." Honestly wasn't that bad.

    I love the stance of the coilovers, but seeing as how the car still has no engine, I couldn't begin to tell you about handling characteristics ;)... I'll be sure to review everything I've put on it once the car is rolling again

    Leave a comment:


  • BTP325ic
    replied
    how do you like the ebay coilover setup ?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 1mz
    and we have 7-11 toquitos on call in case of emergency... could be worse
    How? Pepto-Bismol and Vodka?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Wait a damn minute, the M42 has oil squirters for the pistons?

    Fucking M20s and their 1970s technology!

    The VW bastards wanted like $38 EACH for squirters like 10 or 12 years ago...how much does BMW want?

    Oh yeah, if TB is all the mexi foods you have at 2:00am, you may wanna consider relocation.
    Haha, I'm not sure, but I think the m42 does... I found the ones for the m50, they're 14-15 a piece. I'll put the order in tonight along with a bunch of other misc. hardware. As soon as they get in, that engine is going-thefuck-together. I want a DRIVABLE e30 :)


    and we have 7-11 toquitos on call in case of emergency... could be worse

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 1mz
    Got a nice torque wrench today, went down to the house, cleaned up the shop a little, got the block mounted on the block stand, took an angle grinder to the last bolt in the transmission, so it is officially separated from the m42... but i can't get it off. Its about an inch away from the block now, but I think its still hung up... how do i get it off?

    I had intentions of at least getting the crank, rods and pistons in today, but I realized I need new oil nozzles in the crank tunnel.. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I just looked all over Realoem, but couldn't find em.. m50 guys - any help? I'm going to put in an order for those and a bunch of nuts/bolts/dowls tomorrow, and get the pistons in by the end of the week :)
    Wait a damn minute, the M42 has oil squirters for the pistons?

    Fucking M20s and their 1970s technology!

    The VW bastards wanted like $38 EACH for squirters like 10 or 12 years ago...how much does BMW want?

    Oh yeah, if TB is all the mexi foods you have at 2:00am, you may wanna consider relocation.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Got a nice torque wrench today, went down to the house, cleaned up the shop a little, got the block mounted on the block stand, took an angle grinder to the last bolt in the transmission, so it is officially separated from the m42... but i can't get it off. Its about an inch away from the block now, but I think its still hung up... how do i get it off?

    I had intentions of at least getting the crank, rods and pistons in today, but I realized I need new oil nozzles in the crank tunnel.. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I just looked all over Realoem, but couldn't find em.. m50 guys - any help? I'm going to put in an order for those and a bunch of nuts/bolts/dowls tomorrow, and get the pistons in by the end of the week :)

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Haha, here in VA its taco bell at 2am or no mexican food at all. I just came from autozone, heading to sears in the AM to get a GOOD torque wrench. I ended up driving 250 miles today for work, and another 50 out to my shore house tonight isnt worth it since I didnt get a chance today to pull up a factory manual.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by ikkitousen
    Thats right I forgot about that one! And extra limes are a must! And taco bell doesn't count!

    ------------------------------------------------------
    DAMN UPDATES!!!
    carne asada FTW!

    Leave a comment:


  • ikkitousen
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    in some states, motor swaps performed without Mexican food at 2:00AM is illegal; check your local laws.

    Thats right I forgot about that one! And extra limes are a must! And taco bell doesn't count!

    ------------------------------------------------------
    DAMN UPDATES!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I read the whole thread: did not "nice torque wrench" in there.

    in some states, motor swaps performed without Mexican food at 2:00AM is illegal; check your local laws.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    seals/gaskets/bearings - check.
    extra bolts, washers and nuts? - :( no, but I'll work with that when I get there
    towels - check.
    radio - check.
    vicoden - not that lucky.

    Working on finding a factory manual online as we speak, and I've got a cooler full of assorted IPA's and other delicious beers :)

    Leave a comment:


  • ikkitousen
    replied
    A bently manuel =P

    Have all your seals/gaskets/bearings? extra bolts, washers, nuts?
    Extra shop towels? Radio/Ipod? Red bulls? Vicoden?

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    DAMN COOLER OF CORONAS!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    alrighty.
    picked up a block stand today, and my piston rings came, so assembly should begin this weekend.
    other than a good torque wrench, locktite and assembly lube - is there anything else KEY that I'll need to start puttin this piece together? (I have all basic metric sockets, open ended wrenches, etc.)

    Leave a comment:

Working...