Project 318 g24v college budget :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1mz
    replied
    Update:
    first, sorry its been all text.
    second, - I now have most of the wiring figured out and last week I placed an order for a remanufactured m20 starter and a bunch of other little necessities. Plumbing for the radiator starts this weekend, turn-key date, potentially 2-3 weeks out depending on other complications...

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyrix2k
    replied
    Originally posted by 1mz
    one more question - I'm trying to figure out how to identify something like 10 connectors on my m50 harness - Since I didn't strip it off in the first place and I don't have an e36 to use as a reference, I'm having a little trouble. I have the e36 bentley pdf - but its 750 + pages, I've searched thoroughly, but have only been able to find a few black and white diagrams that provide little help. I also have the e36 electrical diagrams for trouble shooting - but even with those I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Since I don't have anything to go off of, I think I should be able to make small cuts in the insulation of the connectors in question and ID them based upon wire colors - but I can't seem to find a diagram that provides the wire color combinations for each connection... any help?
    btw, I'd help with this is if I could. I have a link for e30 wiring diagrams, but I don't think it has e36 diagrams. However, most diagrams are labeled with wire size and color. You should see something like ".75 br/rt" which mean the wire is small (.75 mm^2) & brown with a red stripe.

    Here's a diagram for a '96 e36, but it's probably too new.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyrix2k
    replied
    update?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    one more question - I'm trying to figure out how to identify something like 10 connectors on my m50 harness - Since I didn't strip it off in the first place and I don't have an e36 to use as a reference, I'm having a little trouble. I have the e36 bentley pdf - but its 750 + pages, I've searched thoroughly, but have only been able to find a few black and white diagrams that provide little help. I also have the e36 electrical diagrams for trouble shooting - but even with those I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Since I don't have anything to go off of, I think I should be able to make small cuts in the insulation of the connectors in question and ID them based upon wire colors - but I can't seem to find a diagram that provides the wire color combinations for each connection... any help?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Todays update:

    had a r3v and swap alumni come by and help me out a little - used his m52 swap to figure out a bunch of my wiring, but I still dont know where a lot of the plugs go. Turns out Im missing a few other things as well, so looks like there will be a lot of research and parts ordering this week.

    Another question as well - for all of you who have used a g240 for this swap - did you have to modify the g260 m20 starter to fit on the bell housing because of the little nib that sticks out of the top? It wouldnt fit on for me so I ended up drilling the hole a lil bigger...

    annnnd last but certainly not least, I'll have a massive fs thread up soon including a honed and balanced m50 block and a pretty nice nv m50 head that was planed hot tanked and had the valve lapped and new seals installed not long ago

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyrix2k
    Hey steve, i got my own e30 to work on... not as nice as yours though. I'll have to drive down to VA after I get it finished :) It looks like yours is coming along well, hope to see it running soon! RJ

    BTW, I just finished the CSB on that. It's WAY easier than on my 540.
    haha I can't get the second retaining c-clip off of the e36 driveshaft to pull the csb for the swap, send me some pics of your dirty 30 - do you have a thread yet?

    Originally posted by 5spoke
    the cabbie is going well. I put a new exhaust on a few months back. I just ordered a new valve cover gasket and clutch slave cylinder so I will be crawling back under it in my apt complex parking lot to take care it.

    Im looking into a shock/spring package to get it a bit lower in the future.

    typical. if I had a dollar for every time I pulled something on my car apart in my parking lot to the bewildered astonishment of my neighbors, I would be a rich man (with an mt2 sedan sittin on bbs's ;) )

    Leave a comment:


  • 5spoke
    replied
    the cabbie is going well. I put a new exhaust on a few months back. I just ordered a new valve cover gasket and clutch slave cylinder so I will be crawling back under it in my apt complex parking lot to take care it.

    Im looking into a shock/spring package to get it a bit lower in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cyrix2k
    replied
    Hey steve, i got my own e30 to work on... not as nice as yours though. I'll have to drive down to VA after I get it finished :) It looks like yours is coming along well, hope to see it running soon! RJ

    BTW, I just finished the CSB on that. It's WAY easier than on my 540.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    The shop I sorta work at down here in harrisonburg is called Monkey Wrench Performance, I used to work at an IT firm on the outskirts of Baltimore though

    Leave a comment:


  • evil_twin
    replied
    Hey 1mz, where do you work at?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Originally posted by 5spoke
    God you fucking noob.


    Hi Steve :D
    haha what up man? Hows the cabbie?

    Leave a comment:


  • 5spoke
    replied
    God you fucking noob.


    Hi Steve :D

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Nice!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Its in. :) My shitty ebay raceland headers were the issue - terrible fitment on the rear, they were hitting the firewall. Fortunately my boss can weld/bend well so I'm gonna have him have a day with it and get them fitted right. Tomorrow I'm working on some of the wiring and plumbing etc, but I also have to prepare my DD for an auto-x event this weekend so I won't be able to get too much done. moar pix soon 8)

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by jahnaboi
    Since the bolt on the top is considerably longer, bolt the motor mount to the arm. It will take more clearance to have the motor sit on the mounts if you were to bolt it up to the subframe first.
    I think the next time I get under there, I will dremel them to make em shorter!

    Leave a comment:

Working...