Project 318 g24v college budget :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1mz
    replied
    yes, the whole deal with the missing crank cap. power-washing was $35 a time - I under shot my revised estimate by around 200-250 dollars

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    tranaction?

    how much was power washing?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    I'm not saying it was overpriced, i just didn't budget enough, I misunderstood some things... I expected to be able 150% over budget, but not 200%, i didn't foresee the cost of power washing the block twice or the line bore that was a result of the bad transaction
    Last edited by 1mz; 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    for what work exactly? sounds about right to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    $905

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    what was the total damage?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    The good:
    - My m50 block looks immaculate
    - I could eat off of my head. The valves look amazing
    - My pistons, rods and wrist pins are squeaky clean
    - The entire rotating assembly - clutch, crank, flywheel, pressure plate, etc. is balanced and ready to be installed

    The bad:
    - My engine work just took a massive shit all over my nice neat organized budget.

    :finger: :curse:

    So now its time to make another for sale thread

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    oh - and did you get your vert fixed up after that accident?

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    Originally posted by 5spoke
    damn steve looks like its going along really well. let me know if you want an extra set of hands I would be happy to help you out. Where are you keeping it while it has no engine?

    thanks man - appreciate the offer. I'll definitely need the help once I get closer to dropping the m50 in. I still have to figure out how to put the puzzle together - since i bought the engine in pieces I dont really have any reference to work from lol. The car is out at my dads shore house 30 min south of annapolis in MD, on the West River. its about an hour and fifteen from your place, maybe an hour and a half. Know anyone who wants an m42? :)

    Leave a comment:


  • 5spoke
    replied
    damn steve looks like its going along really well. let me know if you want an extra set of hands I would be happy to help you out. Where are you keeping it while it has no engine?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I hate m42s...

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied






    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nelson1...7619667183825/

    some pictures of Vanessa, the good and the bad

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nelson1...7619688856789/

    The seats

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    np - ill try and get a picture to you by tomorrow. it blows, i JUST bought the seats two weeks ago, theyre still in my room. They're black no-name seats, but they have custom e36 seat brackets right now... and they only weigh 14 lbs apiece. f*cking light.

    Leave a comment:


  • ikkitousen
    replied
    Pics of seats? I might be interested...

    Sorry for the thread jack but look forward to seeing more progress with pics!

    -------------------------------------------------
    DAMN FOR SALE THREADS!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...