No announcement yet.

My 325iC Body/Paint Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK another update after a full day of work and drinking beer. Should have the passenger seat done tonight!

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
    Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Just read through the whole thread, looks awesome! What do you do for work?
      Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Same here, just found this for the first time and read from start to finish. Damn impressive work, good to see you didn't get fed up with it and half ass any part of the process. Will be an incredible car when it's done. I'm hoping to get body work and mtech2 kit fitted on my 89 325ic S52 this winter, and your thread convinced me I need to body match my hard top and give Kevin a call at the same time. Don't worry my car's white I won't be stealing your thunder you and vlad will still have the sickest red verts :)

How's the match on your leather seat outers and the tonneau cover boot vinyl. My interior is blue but that's gonna have to change when I do all this work on it. Worried about being able to wrap the tonneau cover well, but I guess if I find a weather proof vinyl, marine quality maybe, that matches whatever my seats are then I shouldn't have much of a problem.

Also since I have the front and rear mtech stuff but no vert side skirts I'm toying with idea of deleting the bottom rub strip, possibly painting the regular door molding body colored, or deleting it too, but I'm not sure. I gotta find some pictures of people who have done it and see what I think. Don't think I'll be running the mtech sides either way, even if I found some. Oh the decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
          Same here, just found this for the first time and read from start to finish. Damn impressive work, good to see you didn't get fed up with it and half ass any part of the process. Will be an incredible car when it's done. I'm hoping to get body work and mtech2 kit fitted on my 89 325ic S52 this winter, and your thread convinced me I need to body match my hard top and give Kevin a call at the same time. Don't worry my car's white I won't be stealing your thunder you and vlad will still have the sickest red verts :)

How's the match on your leather seat outers and the tonneau cover boot vinyl. My interior is blue but that's gonna have to change when I do all this work on it. Worried about being able to wrap the tonneau cover well, but I guess if I find a weather proof vinyl, marine quality maybe, that matches whatever my seats are then I shouldn't have much of a problem.

Also since I have the front and rear mtech stuff but no vert side skirts I'm toying with idea of deleting the bottom rub strip, possibly painting the regular door molding body colored, or deleting it too, but I'm not sure. I gotta find some pictures of people who have done it and see what I think. Don't think I'll be running the mtech sides either way, even if I found some. Oh the decisions....
          Thanks for the compliments, all the work pays off as you see the progress. The vinyl from my kit matches the boot lid vinyl almost perfectly, was pretty impressed. I would imagine recovering that would be a pretty big job. Maybe just buy a used one?
          On mine I hated the black part on the bottom, and since painted red didn't want two black strips on the side so I painted the bottom strip body color. I also painted the bottom weld edge black because its really busy and would look ridiculous in red. Im pretty happy with the outcome although would have preferred ACS side skirts which are nearly impossible to find for a vert. A guy PM'd me and has some but its too late now, lemme know if your interested and I'll pass him along.

Richardb- Im an engineering manager at Tornier, an orthopedic devices company.

Comment

another update: passenger seat finished and it looks AMAZING. VERY HAPPY with the results and couldn't be more pleased with the quality and workmanship of Kevin's kit. Im somewhat of a perfectionist so I did take my time to get it perfect... on to pics!

and now its time to move on to the drivers seat...

After this its on to the hardtop suede headliner!

Comment

very nice...hope mine looks that good some day

Comment

hats off to this project! the paint is top notch..

pretty excited for the next step.. suspension/wheels naooo

Comment

Bravo! Those seats came out great.

COTM

Comment

Just read through all 16 pages. Awesome job and congrats on the car, it looks really, really good.

You should think about switching wheels to some nice weaves, something like what's on my vert but your car is truly a sight to behold.

Edit: Just realized I didn't set up my sig here so you won't know what wheels I'm referring to. Here's my car:

Comment

Hey how many hours did you spend on one seat? Did you have heating elements to deal with?
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I just read through all 16 pages and all I can say is "Wow!" You do some amazing work! I love all of the attention to detail! This is definitely inspiration for my future E30 project!

Comment

Thanks all for the nice compliments! Really no enthusiasts in my city so it is under-appreciated in my opinion :)

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                          Hey how many hours did you spend on one seat? Did you have heating elements to deal with?
                          I would say the first seat took me 8 hours. Second will take far less... maybe 4 since I know what Im doing now. I cleaned and greased all the mechanisms with synthetic gear oil, and bearing grease for the cork-screw mechanism for knee cradle part. I did not have heating elements to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by santiago View Post
                            Just read through all 16 pages. Awesome job and congrats on the car, it looks really, really good.

You should think about switching wheels to some nice weaves, something like what's on my vert but your car is truly a sight to behold.

Edit: Just realized I didn't set up my sig here so you won't know what wheels I'm referring to. Here's my car:
                            Yeah was planning on Alpina 17's and eibach pro kit springs... but bought her the X5 and my M3 this year, and my wife would kill me if I dump more money into a car that is strictly in storage.

Comment

I need kevin from creative options. more info?
                              PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

Originally posted by imdashiz View Post
                                I need kevin from creative options. more info?
                                He has two emails-

kchinn at creativeoptions.info
                                creativeoptions at mindspring.com

You'll have to be patient but the product is worth the wait if you want to have a perfect, OEM interior. On here I believe his username is Tricked323i. Paging Kevin?
                                Last edited by bimmerboy12; 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X