No announcement yet.

My 325iC Body/Paint Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great man! I'm looking forward to seeing it after a few more coats of clear.
    sigpic

1991 318i Sedan Project

Comment

Beautiful!!! Nice job!
      BMWCCA #389756

Comment

This is serious motivation for my own paint job. Looks great!

COTM

Comment

Thanks! I used 1500 for most of it and it worked great, but the hood had the worst peel in it (and overspray) so I bumped it down to 1000 to get it out. It was actually pretty painless, just had to keep running my hand over it to make sure I didn't get too deep. You can feel the difference between peel and smooth really easy, but can't see it till its completely dry. I would also recommend using the 1000 on sags or drips. I had a sag on the fender and it took it out great. I used a foam block for everything, then the paper and a finger for the ridges on the hood, etc.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
          Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Looks fucking tits.

I see you only did the front! Stop being lazy with your buff self and do the rest! LOL.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
              Looks fucking tits.

I see you only did the front! Stop being lazy with your buff self and do the rest! LOL.
              haha you noticed... yeah I did finish it eventually but couldn't contain my excitement to snap a couple pics.

Comment

wow that looks awesome!!! i want moar pics/updates!!!!

Comment

soo did you finish color sanding yet?

Comment

Originally posted by E30FreaK89 View Post
                    soo did you finish color sanding yet?
                    I wetsanded the whole thing smooth on friday, sprayed three more layers of clear on saturday, and wetsanded about half the car yesterday. It now has 5 coats of color and 5 coats of clear. There is a happy medium somewhere between getting orange peel and getting runs/sags, all adjustable with your air pressure in as little as 3-5 psi. I think I finally found it at the end around 58 psi.
                    Im taking a half day vacation today and will finish the 1500 wetsanding then polish buff! May even start some assembly depending on how much I get done.
                    After this I start on my hardtop. Will document that closely as there are no how-to's on here for stripping/painting a hardtop.
                    Will post pics tonight.

Comment

UPDATE August 31: Finished wetsanding and started buffing. This is the hardest part by far... for me as a novice at least.
                      Here's with the hood and fender done.. still have to finish the car and bumpers/iS spoiler tonight.
                      This is the final product. No water on the car, polished and wiped. The paint has to fully cure before I can put a nice layer of wax for added shine.

Comment

You do GREAT work! nuff said!
                        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Looks great. Nice job on the paint.
                          sigpic
                          1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                          1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                          1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                          1990 E30 325i
                          1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                          1996 E36 328ic
                          1997 Z3
                          2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

UPDATE September 2... Got the front bumper buffed and assembled most of the front end! Lamin-x put on the headlights, euro grills installed, trim installed. Notice my self-made euro trim shaving the markers! they came out perfect.
                            Paint looks a little orange under the 1600 watts of fluorescent lights...

Comment

How did you do that to your molding? I'd really like to do that to mine!

Car looks awesome! Paint job turned out incredible for a garage job. I'll bet those tight spots were fun to wet sand and buff!
                              sigpic

1991 318i Sedan Project

Comment

Sorry if I missed it, but what was your final paint cost and what brand, etc. did you use?
                                sigpic

1991 318i Sedan Project

Comment

Working...
                                X