No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I'm pretty sure English is his second language. Assuming by his s/n, German is first?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

It is Sous Chef! Haha oh well my bad.
      I like that one of the only times this thread gets any other posts but mine, is when I misspell something! lol wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?
      Thanks guys! I am super excited about my job offer.
      And yes I was born in German and English is my second language. I am also extremely dyslexic and tend to spell things the way the sound when I can not mentally picture the spelling of the word in my head. The words I often have a hard time with are words like "through" and "threw" or "to" and "too" or "see" and "sea."
      Its raining all day here in SF so I will be at work till 12 and then in the garage the rest of the day assembling my fuel rail and intake manifold.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Congrats on the job dude! Didn't know an M20 was going in this thing. Did you bring it to Dmitriy's shindig a few weeks ago?

Comment

No it has a busted 4 speed right now. I had my 135i there. Hope he can put another gtg together soon.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
            Its like my cars big brother!!!

Love it! See the oil cooler at the front? Yeah this thing has an m20 in it!
            This was a fun car to work on

Nice progress, everything looks great!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              Congrats on the job dude! Didn't know an M20 was going in this thing. Did you bring it to Dmitriy's shindig a few weeks ago?
              you guys talked to each other for a while, lol
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                you guys talked to each other for a while, lol
                My memory sucks sometimes.

Comment

Ha you guys crack me up.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was installing my fuel rail today and decided to have some fun with my iPhone 4S and some photo apps.

I even painted the fuel injector retaining clips!

And started putting the gauge cluster together. Used a bunch of JB Weld, and epoxy.

Sadly the primer did not want to work with the paint that was already on the aluminum :(.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you are shooting aluminum, I would sand all of that off, get it to the bare aluminum, and shoot it in self etching primer. Otherwise, you probably will keep getting the same result. You can get self etching in a spray can at any auto parts store.
                      IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Subscribed. I love 2002's. Me and M3 Ryan put a m20 super-eta into a 2002 a few year back. It was super quick. Almost too much of a handful really.

Noticed that you've stripped the paint off the injectors. I did that to a set and they ended up rusting. Just a heads up.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
                          If you are shooting aluminum, I would sand all of that off, get it to the bare aluminum, and shoot it in self etching primer. Otherwise, you probably will keep getting the same result. You can get self etching in a spray can at any auto parts store.
                          Got some ;)
                          Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Subscribed. I love 2002's. Me and M3 Ryan put a m20 super-eta into a 2002 a few year back. It was super quick. Almost too much of a handful really.

Noticed that you've stripped the paint off the injectors. I did that to a set and they ended up rusting. Just a heads up.
                          Thanks man! Yeah I actualy got them that way. Don't feel like painting them, maybe I am making a mistake...

I took the aluminum down to metal again an reprimed it with self etching primer. Then I got it paired black and put the gauges in.

I'm happy with it!
                          sigpic

Comment

One of the great things about this build thread is your attention to detail. The info on machine shop work alone (remember those sketchy looking valves?) makes this a must read. It never occurred to me that English was not your primary language, you have presented this very well so far. Thanks, and keep it up!
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Cheers!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nothing much. Just like the way this turned out. Between cooking, eating, dealing with the consequences of eating, and trying to get my 1911 registered and in mt hands, I have not had time to do anything.
                                I also just spent $800 on the 1911 so that dug into my car budget a bit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X