No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the bad picture. I was to lazy to take these parts inside for better light and so on.
    I got my black Friday IE crank scraper and oil pan baffle. As soon as I install them I will comment on fit and finish. How ever I will say this. With the right piece of aluminum and some measuring I could have made my own baffle VERY easily and saved some money.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got the crank scraper and wind age tray in. Sadly I only got a picture of the tray. I was to busy trying to get all the shit to line up while I was outing the scraper in to take a picture of it installed. Everything fit well though. I did not have to cut or other wise alter any of the parts to get them to fit right. Very happy with both the pieces.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Glad to see the gauge cluster turned out good.
        IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

New toy to replace my piece of shit Dremel.
          sigpic

Comment

I did some grinding on my intake manifold today. I didnt take any pictures of my manifold, but you can see what I ground off in this picture. There are these small raised areas right about the bottom right hand bolt holes that can be ground away.

I dont know if it will really help any, but I had the time and the tools so I thought I would do it for shits and giggles.
            Then I got the manifold mounted up with some bolts instead of studs, and fabed up a aluminum oil stick holder.

Th th th, thats all folks!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice.. I would love to do a 2002 build.. Need to find a pre Smog 2002

:) good luck with build.. I'll be watching
              Work We Do
              CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
              http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Ordered a Hobart 140 MIG machine today from Northern Tool. Came with a free welder cart and shipping! Stoked.
                sigpic

Comment

Good choice on the welder. It is the same thing as the equivalent Miller but with a couple minor differences. I think the drive wheel is plastic for example, but its not like occasional use will wear it out. You'll be happy with it.
                  -Justin
                  (Luke is signed in, I'm being lazy and wanted to reply)

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Very tasteful color combo on the engine! Oh and pics of the 1911 please
                    450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      Good choice on the welder. It is the same thing as the equivalent Miller but with a couple minor differences. I think the drive wheel is plastic for example, but its not like occasional use will wear it out. You'll be happy with it.
                      -Justin
                      (Luke is signed in, I'm being lazy and wanted to reply)
                      hahaha account jacking!
                      i could probably upgrade it with miller parts, or parts from a better machine. I think Hobart is owned by Miller...

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
                      Very tasteful color combo on the engine! Oh and pics of the 1911 please
                      Thank you Sr.
                      I will be picking the 1911 up tomorrow if I have enough time after work. other wise I will grab it later this weekend. Ill post a pic or two ;)
                      sigpic

Comment

You're right Hobart is, I think the boards may actually say Miller on them. The main differences I remember is the non infinite adjust knobs (instead they are 4 or 5 positions iirc) and a plastic drive wheel. Sometimes I wish I had just bought a Hobart, but I went with the blue box =|

Comment

A whole new level of fabrication coming to my garage!

And my secret Santa project. Shipping it out the the resipiant tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Comment

New edition to the work shop (4.5")
                            sigpic

Comment

Gotta get one of those for the house..
                              Work We Do
                              CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                              http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                                Quick question, what is this part and what does it do? I am doing an m50 swap and I think it was left over from the m20 but I'm not sure and I can't pin point it on real oem.
                                Nice build, looking forward to videos when it's done!
                                r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X