No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few parts showed up today. Got my manual e21 steering rack, an extra set of pitman arms (steering arms to shorten), and related parts.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got some work done today. I shortened the pitman arms to 130mm which from my studies is the right length with the e21 rack. I built a cool welding jig for them that I never used for any welding but it was fun to do anyways.
      I also helped a friend powder coat some small parts for his mountain bike.
      If anyone wants some small parts powder coated I can do them as long as they fit in a 12"x12"x7" toaster oven :)
      Im going to take the arms to my local welder, whom I trust a lot, on Monday. He should be able to weld the arms up for me. He did my drivers side motor mount as well.

sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

nice powder coating
        Work We Do
        CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
        http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Got a wee bit of plumbing done on the m20 and got the oil pressure sensor installed in the block.

I also got the g240 washed up along with the drive shaft.
          sigpic

Comment

m20+g240?

Comment

yep
              sigpic

Comment

From a 323i? So that it's smaller and you have to fuck with the trans tunnel less?
                cars beep boop

Comment

From a 318i. It should be small enough that I can just do some Thia massage with my 5lb hammer in the trans tunnel. We will see.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was under the impression that the M10 and M20 had incompatible flanges?
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Its from an m42 car. The g240 from a m42 is smaller then the gear box off a m20 (g260 I believe) and bolts up to the m20 and should fit in the tunnel with a small amount off hammer time.
                      sigpic

Comment

I had my my steering arms welded at Al's Welding (love that place) in SF yesterday and picked them up today. Then promptly powder coated them black. Yummy!

I also got this little guy in the mail today.

The only few things I have left to attend to before the actual swap commences is ordering my Painless wiring kit, getting my fly wheel machined (lightened), and ordering some drive line parts from Blunttech. :D
                        sigpic

Comment

1974 2002

you might want to join the BMW 2002 forum and BMW 2002FAQ . My first BMW was a 2002 and I guess I have owned 25 to 30. In addition to my '89 E30 325ic, I currently own 3 and one more for parts. good sources of parts and good people

later'
                          Clyde

Comment

1974 2002

you might want to join the BMW 2002 forum and BMW 2002FAQ . My first BMW was a 2002 and I guess I have owned 25 to 30. In addition to my '89 E30 325ic, I currently own 3 and one more for parts. good sources of parts and good people

later'
                            Clyde

Comment

Originally posted by c2l0y0d2e View Post

later'
                              Clyde
                              I have been a member there for 6 years now :)
                              This is only my second 2002, but is my fourth BMW. I have had a '76 '02, '91 318i, '87 325e, and now own this '74 '02.
                              How ever I find the FAQ very out dated as fare as internet forums go. It is a bit hard to navigate and find things you are looking for even though you know they are there.
                              I have this same build thread on the FAQ but no one will find it unless they saw it when I first posted it because on the FAQ threads do not get bumped up when new content is added
                              I also feel that when I ask questions about things not many people have done, such as the e21 rack swap, I get a lot of personal opinions and very few actual facts...
                              I have bought and sold a lot of parts from and to the good people in the FAQ and am even a tenant in one of their houses. Its a small world truly. Its a great forum some times, but I dont spend much time there unless I have something very specific to find. I have the same user name on the FAQ as I have here.
                              Cheers!
                              Last edited by deutschman; 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                                I have this same build thread on the FAQ but no one will find it unless they saw it when I first posted it because on the FAQ threads do not get bumped up when new content is added

You can change your user settings on the FAQ to thread bump. Highly recommended!
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X