No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well after getting really bored last weekend and ripping out my entire interior and finding a few (3) golf ball sized holes in my passenger side floor i am putting the brake and wheel upgrades on hold for a while. my to do list as of right now includes...

-cut out and weld in new floor sections
    -sand and paint interior
    -refurbish dash
    -do some work on the gauge cluster
    -wrap center console
    -fab up some new door cards
    -install new sound deadening
    -install new carpet
    -install new head liner

i also want to get some e21 sports seats and a roll bar

i am also going to fix the rust in my drivers side c pillar while i am at it.

im going to talk to a guy about some spare floor pans and a c pillar this weekend.
    this summer looks like body work and paint to me. then maybe i can finish my brakes and wheels and stick some newer struts in her.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

here is my rust.

front passenger side foot well

under passenger seat
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

so i have a little up date with some more bad cell phone pictures. sadly i do not own a camera.
        i finished welding up all the rust in my floor pans. i have also started and almost finished welding up all the trim holes and side marker holes. i know, i know... why is this kid shaving his trim... well i have thought about it a lot and looked at a few pictures of other 2002's with shaved trim and i like it. i think it looks good on a square tail cars. not so much on a roundy cars.

front damage as of now.

still need to take that nose off and weld on the new one.

shaved trim

and side marker being welded up.

i did a whole bunch of tack welds to try and spread the heat around. kinda looks weird but it worked.

floor

i am no master welder so don't be to hard on me for my welds. i know they are not beautiful welds, but they have good penetration and should work fine. im still working on technique.

i still need to remove the rear window and do some welding around the window frame area to fix some rust there.

ill be painting the car this summer. original color.
        Last edited by deutschman; 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

So I have been working 12-15 hour days at an event at $14/ hour so needless to so, lots of over time, and lots of money.
          I will finely be able to finish my wheel and brake upgrade project I started months ago. I'm so excited!
          Just ordered a bunch of parts, but I still need to choose wheels and tires.
          If anyone has ane recommendations on wheels that would look good on a 2002, are 7.5-8" wide and no bigger then 15" big let me know!
          sigpic

Comment

stock weaves
            Originally posted by teamdynasty43
            Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

Its hard to beat Panasport style wheels, seem to be readily available at a good price thought not my personal favorite. Being that your in the best place possible to own a 2002, I'd cruise around to the different 02 shops and see if they have anything interesting for sale.
              sigpic

Comment

enkei 92s. The Alpina's look tasty as well.

Comment

I love the enkei 92's! are there any vendors who make replicas?
                  i was also thinking about the esm 009's...
                  sigpic

Comment

My nephew says "it looks like a star fighter made out of tin cans" lol

Last edited by deutschman; 08-09-2010, 04:26 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some new parts teasers

Did a test fit on my 1990's Volvo 240 calipers today. I can not wait to get them mounted.

I also got some braided brake lines, super blue, and some slotted rotors which are still on their way.

Check out the wheels I scored! This is them mocked up on the PO's car.
                      MSF Mesh in 14x6!

Ones the wheels and rotors show up all I need is a set of pads and I can get it all mounted up. I can not wait!
                      Last edited by deutschman; 08-09-2010, 04:26 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

i am starting to like the look of my "shelf of awesomeness" more and more every day as parts trickle in.
                        i am still waiting on my wheels and i need to order some tires. i think i am going with z1 star tech's in 185/60x14.
                        i ordered some pads today. im getting more and more excited.
                        sigpic

Comment

^ are the tissues for when you finish Into The Wild and find out he dies?

oh and Duvel is f-ing good.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post

oh and Duvel is f-ing good.
                            yeah they are. that shit was sad, but i did not feel very sorry for him because... well he was kind of a dumb ass.

i like beer! :drink:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
                              Read that book last summer! I also thought he was a dumbass, and he couldve thought some stuff our more, but it would be pretty fun to just dump everything and do exactly what you want.

OP, your 2002 looks like a zombie, but nice work:o

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                                Read that book last summer! I also thought he was a dumbass, and he couldve thought some stuff our more, but it would be pretty fun to just dump everything and do exactly what you want.

OP, your 2002 looks like a zombie, but nice work:o

hahaha zombie 2002. i might have to work on a star fighter and a zombie themed sig for my 2002.
                                i wanted to get the body work done and the paint on this summer but i have been working so much!!!!!! no time.
                                so its a rat rod for now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X