No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got some door cards done today. im not %100 happy with them just because some of the holes for the door handles and stuff were a bit off and they have a bit of glue over spray here and there. they will do for now though. at some point ill re do them again.
    i reused the stock window trim/seals.
    i used masonite.

glued some cheap plastic drop cloth to the back to water proof it.

black felt.

all done.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

finished the consul and rear quarter panels today. all i need to do is the parcel shelf tomorrow. easy
      i really like the way the consul came out!!!

sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

SO JEALOUS! How much do you think that roll bar weighs..?

Comment

about as much as my 11 year old nephew. i'd say 80-90lbs. maybe a bit less.
          sigpic

Comment

finely got the interior done and put together today. im happy with it all. it's no show car but it's perfect for what i want out of it.
            put some rhino liner on the floor and made a new parcel shelf panel together. i also put some padding on the top part of my roll bar so i dont smack my head on it to hard.

i want to make some aluminum plates to put in the area where the heater control panel was. maybe later on i can put some switches in them.
            sigpic

Comment

made some aluminum plates for where the heater controls were.

and iphone picture under the golden gate bridge.

i wish i owned/could afford a nice camera!
              sigpic

Comment

just got an alignment done and the tech said he could barely do any aligning because of how low my car was and the lack of "adjustability".
                I guess I will be spending some money on camber plates and weld in camber and tow adjustments before i save for a motor.
                sigpic

Comment

your 02

I like the door panels....they have an early 911 r gruppe look.

What do they screw into?....sheet metal?

Did you flock the center console?..or is it covered w/ some cloth?

Looks like a nice fun period hot rod.....not a nut and bolt over the top resto.

re alignment:...all an o2 really has is toe!

I had an 02( and have 1 now too) in 79....we ran eccentric lca bolts up frt to get camber adjustment.

For the rear you can invert your subframe bushings to reduce neg camber on a very low car.

what shocks and springs r u running.

i should read the whole thread...sorry.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                    I like the door panels....they have an early 911 r gruppe look.

What do they screw into?....sheet metal?

Did you flock the center console?..or is it covered w/ some cloth?

Looks like a nice fun period hot rod.....not a nut and bolt over the top resto.

re alignment:...all an o2 really has is toe!

I had an 02( and have 1 now too) in 79....we ran eccentric lca bolts up frt to get camber adjustment.

For the rear you can invert your subframe bushings to reduce neg camber on a very low car.

what shocks and springs r u running.

I should read the whole thread...sorry.
                    Yeah one of my best friends dads is really in Porsches. I was definitely inspired by the 911 look. I was trying to find some door pull straps but could not find ones that i wanted.
                    I am running Ireland Engineering stage 3 springs and some really bad KYB struts that I will be getting rid of in favor of some Bilstien Sports.
                    I am going to run some Ireland camber plates up front, and weld in camber/toe adjustments in back.
                    That's the plan right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

ps
                      the consul is wrapped in black felt just like the door cards.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Very nice man. Stay loyal to her and keep up the good work! Ive got quite a bit more body work to do than that- it will be a battle, trying not to get discouraged . How were your rear fender wells rust wise?
                          -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                          2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

nice stuff there bro, i always like threads like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                              Very nice man. Stay loyal to her and keep up the good work! Ive got quite a bit more body work to do than that- it will be a battle, trying not to get discouraged . How were your rear fender wells rust wise?
                              I got to a point where I almost sold her to buy an e30 again, but I could not do it. Now I'm in so deep there is no going back! lol
                              Love this car though!
                              I had no rust in the fender wells.

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                              nice stuff there bro, i always like threads like this.
                              Thanks! I try. It's hard when you make $400 every two weeks and have no garage! lol But I am getting there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Fucking nail in my tire today! God dam it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X