X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been covered already but is all this on stock internals?
    He's still on a fresh stock headgasket.
    Theres alot to be had out of these motors.

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Yes.

All stock motor.

Leave a comment:

• CincinnatiKid
    replied
    I'm sorry if this has been covered already but is all this on stock internals?

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
    It's easy, M20 single mass flywheel, M20 pilot bearing, M20 PP, M20 disk and a euro 323i TOB. Maybe a m20 starter.
    Add a Sachs 618 PP from a 2002 and that setup is good for 300whp easy.

Hunter
    Last edited by BUDNUNTA; 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SamE30e
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    LW FW is not in my future. With boosted cars I've read it is only minimally beneficial... and would be just one more expense to take onto the list. Plus I have can't find a difinitive list of parts or how to on the m20 FW swap. Heard alot of difficulties with it though... ?

I think the Spec clutch will grab plenty. A bit quicker rev might be nice, but again for the added headaches... I think I am happy with it as is.
    It's easy, M20 single mass flywheel, M20 pilot bearing, M20 PP, M20 disk and a euro 323i TOB. Maybe a m20 starter.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    wee need LOTS of pics and vids man!!!
    Originally posted by White325is View Post
    What flywheel are you running now?
    Ever think of getting a LWFW?
    Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
    need VIDS! in car take off pulls, high way pulls, cruising. out car fly by, take off...etc..

:hitler:
    LOL... "soon, but not yet."

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
    Moar! Vids! I wanna see the clutch slip in 4th and 5th.
    LOL... NO! It pains me physically everytime it happens now that I know what it is. All I need is to fry my clutch and not be able to drive it before I get a replacement.

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    I'm still watching :)

If your thinking bought LWFW perhaps an M20 flywheel is the way to go? Light and 25% more clutch area. Combine that with the huge amount of clutches available for the M20 and your set.
    Originally posted by White325is View Post
    LW FW is not in my future. With boosted cars I've read it is only minimally beneficial... and would be just one more expense to take onto the list. Plus I have can't find a difinitive list of parts or how to on the m20 FW swap. Heard alot of difficulties with it though... ?

I think the Spec clutch will grab plenty. A bit quicker rev might be nice, but again for the added headaches... I think I am happy with it as is.

Leave a comment:

• expressfish
    replied
    inspiring, and you are local to boot ! Nice car.......

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I'm still watching :)

If your thinking bought LWFW perhaps an M20 flywheel is the way to go? Light and 25% more clutch area. Combine that with the huge amount of clutches available for the M20 and your set.

Leave a comment:

• frankenbeemer
    replied
    Moar! Vids! I wanna see the clutch slip in 4th and 5th.

Leave a comment:

• xwill112x
    replied
    need VIDS! in car take off pulls, high way pulls, cruising. out car fly by, take off...etc..

:hitler:

Leave a comment:

• iamsam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• White325is
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Update: 01/02

Had been working on adding a boost control circuit to my megasquirt, but because it is a PnP unit built into the motronic box... I guess something else is using that input/output and causing a conflict. Since I couldn't get that to work I just threw a manual boost controller in. I now have a solid 10.5psi all the way to redline.

Also threw a new set of NGK spark plugs. Went with 1 degree colder plugs. Feels like it added a small amount of torque before boost, but that is probably just placebo.

I didn't realize it... because I've never felt this before, but my clutch can't handle all the torque after the turbo install. It has been slipping in 4th and 5th on the highway for quite some time and now that I have 10.5psi consistently I can't even gun it on the highway anymore.

So, my next course of action is a spec stage 2 clutch kit... good for 270tq which should be plenty.

With my new boost level I am estimating 215rwhp but I won't throw it on a dyno until I get a new clutch.

Will keep updating if anyone is still interested. I know everyone wants vids, but I'm trying to get everything ironed out so I can get some GOOD vids.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Update: 12/09/09

1. Got the 42.8lb/hr @ 3 bar injectors installed.

2. Rerouted some lines for better aesthetics

3. Oil change (switched to 15w50 as turbo was thinning the 5w20 too much)

4. Working on tuning for the bigger injectors now so I don't drown my plugs on first start.

Pics will come tomorrow and will work on getting the boost control and efan temp control circuits installed, all controlled by MS.
    Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 12-13-2009, 11:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    It has cooling properties similar to methanol, high detonation threshold. Generally promoting more CR, more boost and somewhat of a misconception more ignition advance (this is entirely dependant on the actual engine and how it works as a system).
    I always shoot for more timing than boost, particularly with E85.

Cooler EGTs FTW LOLWTFBBQ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X