X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Big time teaser update guys.

Did some tuning and the car is running buttery smooth now (without AC on of course, stupid no ICV). She pulls even harder now too. Hits peak boost at 180kpa (about 11.6psi). Bleeds off a little bit because I am using a shitty manual boost controller. Not too bad though, definitely still pulls hard all the way to redline.

Will post my .msq and a log file tomorrow so that hopefully you guys can catch any holes in my tune if (I'm sure I do) I have some.

But here is the BIG teaser part. Called Henderson Performance today and have a dyno day scheduled for July 18th! I am stoked. I will be happy with anything around 200rwhp but everyone who has been in my car guesses 220rwhp.

BTW, if you are in the San Antonio area and are interested in getting your car dyno'd, let me know. I am going up there with a bunch of guys and they are doing 2 pulls for us for $40. Not too bad. PM me for details.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Still, amazing job buddy.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Thanks guys for the compliments. I'm still tuning the car a bit, but she runs really solidly. AFR's at idle are ~13.8 (she likes it rich), cruising are ~15.5's, and WOT @11psi are at around 11.8ish.

The reason the idle sounds a bit lopey is because I don't run an ICV. If you listen carefully you can hear when the motor goes from idling at 950-1050 (smoother) to 800-900 rpms (lopey). It happens somewhere about when I am getting out of the car. I turned on my electric fan so that she would not overheat just sitting there idling. I had just taken her on a pretty hard run to adjust my boost controller.

I want MS2 so I can run a 3 wire ICV and do blended TPSdot and MAPdot. With MS1 extra I can either have it perfectly smooth on cruising or perfectly smooth on WOT. I have chosen to try to get as close to the middle of those two as possible so that she runs smoothly enough to be a daily.

I will post my .msq's and a log file when I have it where I want it before dyno'ing it. Then I will post dyno figures. Eventually I'd like to have it dyno tuned since I don't have the balls to mess with the spark map. We'll see what the budget allows.

As always I'll keep you all posted.

Leave a comment:

• gearheadE30
    replied
    Very nice :). now I really can't wait for mine to be done, haha. And what's up with the really lumpy idle?

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I just shit my pants.

Leave a comment:

• u3b3rg33k
    replied
    Cool beans. In for updates (like dyno slips, and final AFRs).

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Sounds awesome, Really makes me want to do mine now hahah.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    ZOMFG that is exactly the sound I am after! Congrats man that exhaust just about makes all the work worth it!

Whats up with the idle I thought you took the cams out? Just running it rich and low idle?

Paging Danny to get in here and loose his shit.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Glad to hear it. I hope to add more vids of fly by's, in car, etc. in the next week or two.

That exhaust vid I posted on the last page is the sex to my ears. I am uber happy with the way the car sounds now.

Leave a comment:

• MrSlacker
    replied
    WOW! You have inspired me to turbo my M42.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Exhaust/engine bay video. Enjoy. I love driving this car now. Exhaust sound is subtle and then sounds sporty and euro under full throttle. Loving it.

Let me know what you guys think.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Got the car back from the welder yesterday evening. Holy hell, night and day difference. My manual boost controller is WAY off now (I guess because there aren't any leaks) so I have to re adjust that. The exhaust sounds wicked awesome and with the 3" high flow cat all of the rice is gone at WOT as well.

Spool time is ridiculous now and begins at about 2600. If I drop it into 4th on the highway the boost gauge jumps from 0 to 12psi (my limiter on MS) almost instantly. Totally different animal now.

Vids coming later if I can get off my @$$, 3 days into P90X and it's kicking my aforementioned @$$.

Leave a comment:

• gearheadE30
    replied
    See, I don't mind moving the piping or anything else; I just don't have a way to move the wastegate. Its about as optimal a design as I've seen for getting the wastegate close to the collector and for keeping the entire thing true twin-scroll. If I'm lucky (which historically, I'm not hah) then maybe I'll be able to make a plate that moves the AC compressor mount downwards about 3 inches, and I *might* be okay...

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
    Of course, that is all academic now that I realize my wastegate mount is right where the AC compressor is... Either I have to lose the AC or make custom mounts to put it where the PS pump is or something.
    Weaksauce. Looks like you're boned unless you want to move your wastegate, piping, and BOV. But I think I'd do that before moving the compressor.

Leave a comment:

• gearheadE30
    replied
    well, its more that I don't really have access to r12, but I can get r134a pretty easy. Of course, that is all academic now that I realize my wastegate mount is right where the AC compressor is... Either I have to lose the AC or make custom mounts to put it where the PS pump is or something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X